Do you hate your forehead? lol

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I think my good mood is back. So, who has "forehead hate" and still has bangs? No one has seen my forehead since, well, the 80's I think! But recently, I have been showing a little forehead here and there, and now almost feel entirely comfortable with it. I DON'T have the mongo forhead I always thought I had! Oh, and what a relief when I go out dancing, and my bangs aren't getting all sweaty and curled and sticking to my forehead! I don't get as hot anymore! It sounds so simple, just grow them out, right? But does anyone understand how hard that was for me?? No forehead since the 80's!

Here's pics of pre and post bangs. The first pic is really old but you can see how heavy they were. LOL
Oh and how do you like my pink highlights?

coachlover1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like the first photo better, you look really cute. I'm in my mid 30's now and there's never been a time when I haven't had a fringe (or bangs for the American readers out there!) I look like a complete idiot without it. It's not that I hate my forehead though....it's not excessively large or anything.
I have no idea how to post photos, so I wont!
Have a great weekend.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're gorgeous in both pics, but I think without bangs people notice your face and your smile more. It opens you up somehow, if you know what I mean. It brings the focus more to your eyes and smile than your hair. I love your dimple...so cute! The pink highlights are cool too..they work for you!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you look great in both pictures!

I'm the same way though, I have always thought my forehead was too big and wore bangs for YEARS. The last couple years I have grown my hair out and wear a side part, so it covers part of it. I still won't wear my hair all pulled back though

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've worn bangs forever...probably since the mid '80's. I've gone to the same hairdresser for about 8 years. Every time she cuts my hair, I say, "Don't cut the bangs too short!" Like she's going to forget after 8 years??!!??

Both of the pictures are great...you're very pretty! The pink is cute too!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you look great in both pictures! I haven't had bangs since I was a child, I just can't stand them touching my face, lol.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I think you look great in both pictures! I haven't had bangs since I was a child, I just can't stand them touching my face, lol.
Yes, I think you look good in both.

So far as bangs go, I can't stand them on me. I hate hair hanging on my face. My hairstylist likes "wispy" looks and one time gave me wispy bangs and side burns. They drove me absolutely crazy. I told her never again!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had bangs since I was about 14 or 15 (always wanted long, grown-out bangs in hopes my mom would let me dye them a funky color
). I do hate my forehead though. I've been called a five-head before

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a long forehead, so I have worn bangs all of my life. I don't hate my forehead, but it is very long. I did let my bangs grow out about 3 years ago, and wore them off my forehead, but people kept telling me I looked older, so cut them and continure to wear bangs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Same here, i haven't had bangs since the 80's/early 90's when i was a little girl. My mom used to curl them then douse them in hairspray and make them poofy
It's hysterical now when i look back at my old childhood pictures lol.

I love the pink highlights hon! I think you look great sans bangs
I did however think you looked nice with bangs too- you're lucky, you can really wear your hair any way you want and still look good

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I do have a high forehead/hairline which I don't like... However until last year I had not worn bangs since grade school! I've never had straight-across-the-forehead bangs though...in grade school it was over-one-eye bangs.
Then I decided to get some sideswept bangs and layers in my hair last August... I love it but sometimes the bangs just get annoying and I have to clip them out of my face! Recently I got my hair cut again with even shorter layers. The side bangs do I think make my forehead look smaller.

Oh if anyone is interested, here are some pics:

Before Bangs

With Bangs (and new shorter haircut I got last month)

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AWWWWW your so pretty!!!
you look good with or without bangs in my opinion but I know how you feel I have my grandma/father's high forehead so I have a side part that I try and use to help hide it

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

AWWWWW your so pretty!!!
you look good with or without bangs in my opinion but I know how you feel I have my grandma/father's high forehead so I have a side part that I try and use to help hide it
y'all are all so funny! i've always worn my hair OFF of my forehead for 3 reasons:
1. my forehead is short [like the rest of me!]
2. i have a widow's peak & like to show it off
3. hair in my face bugs me!
when it's long, i wear it like this: long hair
but now, it's short - i have it cut like this: short haircut
here's a pic of me w/it [webcams
]
but it's still pretty much OFF of my face!
[btw - disregard the weight difference!]

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thats me (in the back) and thats how I try to hide the forehead lol

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's a bit on the larger side, but I think I've learned to just live with it