Argh..I wish people's attitudes didn't bother me!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling great this morning. I went to Target and found clothes that actually fit me and looked good (which never happens, I have an odd shape which I am working on) I got a new wireless keyboard/mouse combo on sale for 1/2 price, and on the way home I was jamming to some old school songs on the radio. I got home, put on some of the new clothes, and started doing some yard work with my boyfriend. Then he got hot cuz he was mowing the lawn and he was already crabby he had to do that, then the dog ran in the garden and he yelled at her when he was standing right in front of the doorway to the garden and could have stopped her. (duh) And when he yelled at her she got scared and ran out so fast she slid on the mulch and fell and he yelled even louder. Then I told him to go back in the house. And he just ticked me off cuz I wanted to do stuff out there together and he went inside. Then he came out when I was almost done, and said I wasn't supposed to put weeds in the garbage and asked why I was picking them by hand anyway cuz our landlord has a weed eater. Well if he'd been outside with me he would have seen me doing it and stopped me earlier but he was being a baby and had to go in the house. So, I went in and we bickered some more, and now I'm in here and he's sulking in the living room. There goes my good mood. It's like we can never be happy at the same time, and it's really irritating. As soon as I'm happy about something, he has to ruin it. I know this sounds petty but it happens a lot like this and I just needed to vent.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how that goes.
Maybe your bf has a lot on his mind. Maybe he secretly hates yard work.

I put sourpusses out of my mind and refuse to let them take my good mood away.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds a lot like my husband and I! "We" volunteer at the local Little Theater, and even though every time I ask, he says he will, by the time we have to go do it, he starts pouting big time! I get so mad at him. I love going, not so much for the work, but for seeing the people and having fun together. Of course, it's just my husband that refuses to have fun together, and he's the one I want to really spend quality time with!

So I know how you feel. Sometimes I wonder about men, they are such big babies. I mean, it's not like you wanted to do yard work just to do yard work! Why can't they put their petty pouting aside and just enjoy things as much as possible? No offense to any men that don't do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah and they're supposed to be the superior gender. No offense to all men. Just every one I've ever been with.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I know this sounds petty but it happens a lot like this and I just needed to vent.
You might need something more than that. When the little insignificant petty things are setting you guys off and you feel as if you are never both happy at the same time there is more than likely a huge issue or issues behind it that isn't/aren't being addressed, so it comes out in the little ways, here and there and everywhere. Until the issue/s are addressed, this will more than likely not just go away...

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well that's what happens when the person you're dating turns out not to be the person they portrayed themselves to be. That's my lot in life.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I understand that! sometimes my bf with get mad at the cats for something small and yell at them and then I get mad and yell at him for being mean

Give eachother time to cool down then talk things through it always works for bf and I

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
enjoy yard work??? just what have several of you been been smoking or drinking?

Cant stand yard work, makes my eyes itch and burn,
and i dont tan, only burn.

So yea i tend to be a pain in the butt when i have to do stuff out there.

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Yeah, well that's what happens when the person you're dating turns out not to be the person they portrayed themselves to be. That's my lot in life.
This statement then begs the question................why the heck is he still your "boyfriend"?

Didn't you know that life is too short to be unhappy, especially when you are capable of changing it?

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
stuff like this happens to me all the time. I have to yell to myself and soon I calm done a little.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We seem to have this on Saturdays, or when he has to come shopping with me. I mention the word and he is already pouting

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mz Kitty

This statement then begs the question................why the heck is he still your "boyfriend"?

Didn't you know that life is too short to be unhappy, especially when you are capable of changing it?
This stuff just started happening and I'm one to give it my all to heal a relationship. We have a lot of good things. He has been trying, time will tell if it will work. But yes, I agree. Life's too short to waste. I'm just not sure I'm wasting it, just yet.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned that not everyone enjoys the same things in life. It is living with differences and loving it that makes a relationship work. I also work with community theater and during a show I can be there 4 nights a week. My SO hated working there. He loved walking thru nature preserves and running from the predatory birds. Neither of us denied each other the time we needed to get our "fix" of what we love. We shared other things.

But in the meantime, you need to learn to communicate with each other. He sounds like me, when I get frustrated, I get snippy and yell. But SO learned that it meant something was not working well and came to give me a hand.

Talk to each other once you calm down. Things can work if you want them to.