Awesome News!!!!! My Cousin is Pregnant!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya!!! My whole family is soo excited right now! We just found out my cousin, Christie is pregnant!!!
She sent a cute little diaper in the mail to everyone
I am soo thrilled for her
Many of you guys may remember, that my cousin and her family are the ones who lost their baby a while back when she was only 5 mo. pregnant. We were all so upset and devistated when she lost her little one. Since then I know we had all been praying she might get another chance to have a little one- looks like it's finally going to happen. We all still love and remember little Savanna (the one she lost) often, but we are so excited for them that now there's a new little one on the way. Her kids are excited too

She will still be high risk- so they'll monitor her closely during her whole pregnancy. She is due on Valentines Day
I'm soo happy for them!!! (i've already picked out her baby shower present
) Please pray that they have a safe/healthy baby!!

here is the link to little savanna's story.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...%27s+baby+died

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a safe healthy pregnancy, baby, and mommy!!

I'm so in mommy mode right now because my husband and I talking about trying soon, so this is just the most exciting news to me ever right now!!
Congratulations!! Do you guys live close together? Keep us updated on her progress! Valentine's Day is a great day to be due!

Oh, and remember to ask for the placenta after the healthy birth! It makes for GREAT SAR training.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

For a safe healthy pregnancy, baby, and mommy!!

I'm so in mommy mode right now because my husband and I talking about trying soon, so this is just the most exciting news to me ever right now!!
Congratulations!! Do you guys live close together? Keep us updated on her progress! Valentine's Day is a great day to be due!

Oh, and remember to ask for the placenta after the healthy birth! It makes for GREAT SAR training.
Thanks! We are soo happy for her!
Unfortunately we don't live close though- she lives in Oklahoma and we live in Tennessee so we won't get to see her too much during the pregnancy- but are definitely keeping in touch. Valentines Day is kind of a bad due date for her though- she's a florist, which means the baby will be due on the bussiest day of the year for her
It's so worth it though. I've already picked out what i'm going to get her!!! http://www.slinglings.com/

(as far as the placenta- that's disghusting
we use live decoys for SAR training since ours are for rubble rescue/ not cadavor dogs
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! My whole family is soo thrilled for them!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! although i would be too wary to say anything yet

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Congratulations! although i would be too wary to say anything yet
I definitely understand
But at the same time- their doctors have reassured them that what happened with little Savanna was just a freak happening so to speak and there is no reason for them to be concerned that she won't make it to term with this pregnancy. That being said though- they are going to monitor her extremly closely during this pregnancy and i know in the back of our minds even though we're all excited and happy, we're trying ont to get "too" ahead of ourselves just as a defense mechanism you know. I think she'll be ok this time around though-i'm praying it all goes well.

The doctor who will be treating her this pregnancy is the one who saw her towards the end of her last pregnancy and alerted her something was going on when the other doctors she had previously seen did nothing- so this one she feels comfortable with and the good thing is- he knows her history,so he should be extra vigilent. Hopefully all will be ok this time around.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I definitely understand
But at the same time- their doctors have reassured them that what happened with little Savanna was just a freak happening so to speak and there is no reason for them to be concerned that she won't make it to term with this pregnancy.
I am very glad to hear that! I'm very happy for your cousin and wish her the best!

As for training, we weren't cadaver, either, but we used it to make sure they knew not to alert on cadaver. I agree it's gross!!