OMG!!! another BAT, this 1 scared the LIFE out of me...

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...me & my partner went into the hallway, we shut the door & suddenly a bat come's flying out of the bedroom! it SCARED me sooo much, i started crying!
my partner opened the main door to let it out, & it kept flying back & forth, at a height so low it nearly touched our head's! eventually, it took the hint & went outside LOL!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have been running around like a lunatic. I think bats are fascinating...outside.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Are they roosting in your eves? Maybe you should ring the council or something
Bats are protected here and if they choose too roost somewhere they normaly have a looong time before they can shift them

i loooe bats

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary! I'm not overly keen on bats, we have them in our back garden some nights and you can see them flying in between the trees.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!! Bats always scare me half to death!!! A couple of years ago I was walking to work, and a bat dropped out of the tree directly in front of me. Fortunately, it didn't bother me and flew off in the same direction I was walking, but it just made me sooooo nervous

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I would have been running around like a lunatic. I think bats are fascinating...outside.
Exactly! I love watching bats fly around at dusk, but they DON'T belong in my house! When I was in high school, I came home one night and turned on the kitchen light..only to find a bat flying in circles around the kitchen. We recently had work done on the roof and apparently the workers didn't close the attic window all the way so it got in that way.

My mom called my aunt (who lives in the country and gets bats in the house at least once a year) and she said the best thing to do is to turn all the lights on in the house, except for 1 room and leave the window open in that room. Mom thought the bat was rabid because of how strange it was flying, but according to my aunt (who's done A LOT of research) it's because their sonar gets screwed up when confinded in a house and they panic. I'm not sure about bat houses in zoos, but I guess they are raised there and don't know anything different.

In any case, I don't want one of them in my house! Of course, my house would be trashed with the cats and dogs chasing it!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine had a bat in her house for a couple of days and the doctor recommended rabies shots for the whole family since they don't know if anyone was bitten. The bat got away so they couldn't test it. I believe that is not a problem in the uk though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to get bats all the time.

The best thing to do is turn off all the lights in your house and put on the lights outside the open door. Bats will go towards light (like flying out of a cave). Seems counterintuitive but it works.

They are scary though, to have one in your house unexpectedly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaspers Mummy

Gross you poor hun yukkkkkkkkkkky gross I love bats can ya tell
no more bat vibes for you

LOL thank's!

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Are they roosting in your eves? Maybe you should ring the council or something
i have no idea!

Originally Posted by Carley

That is so scary!
it was scary!

Originally Posted by CC12

i agree!

Originally Posted by Mer636

LOL awww poor you and the bat!
thank's!

Originally Posted by calico2222

In any case, I don't want one of them in my house! Of course, my house would be trashed with the cats and dogs chasing it!
am glad my kitty's, were in another room!