Stumpy is so weird

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our front door opens to our living room, so we have a couch not far from the front door, and next to the couch is one of those cardboard Alpine Scratcher ramps. Whenever we come home from being out for a while, as soon as we walk in the door, Stumpy greets us by jumping on the scratcher and scratching. Every time. After she's had a scratch, she generally rolls over for a belly rub. Silly cat

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is too cute! She is limbering up for all the play time she expects is coming!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She sounds like Lucy. She too runs to the scratcher, does some scratching, then runs into the kitchen and rolls over on her back.

They do show affection in the most interesting ways.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, she misses you.
We have glass/iron front doors and when we drive up Jazz well be sitting and waiting at the door. It is so cute cause you can see his mouth moving in a meow but you can't hear it until you open the door.
Jazz expects to be properly pet whenever we get back. It is nice to be loved so much, isn't it?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless her!

Kitty does that sometimes if he`s in the hall when I come home. I always thought that because cats leave scratch marks on trees to show other cats it is THEIR territory that Kitty was just saying, 'Hi! Welcome to MY home!'

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Bless her!

Kitty does that sometimes if he`s in the hall when I come home. I always thought that because cats leave scratch marks on trees to show other cats it is THEIR territory that Kitty was just saying, 'Hi! Welcome to MY home!'

She is so excited that you are home that she has to scratch and run to you for some love.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I walk in the front door I am greeted by Shark in her catbed on the radiator...she will normally be yawning and stretching one of her paws out

Arwen will only greet me if she is outside at the same time..If I am walking up to the driveway, she mews at me then follows behind...