Pee everywhere but the litter box

shadda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in a transition phase in my life that was unexpected. In July of 2007 i rescued 2 abandoned kittens (went in for 1 nad left with 2). Due to a layoff at work i had to move back home last month. I have a friend who is looking after them now is having some major difficulties. I had pretty much no accidents for a year. My apartment was 2 floors at a tootal of about 775 square feet. I used hte litter robot with a lot of success.

Her place is about 1600 square foot finished basedment (where they are confined right now) and another 1600 upstairs. I understand hte new home factor could be part of it, but its been over a month and hte issue is getting to the point where i will be forced to put them in a shelter, which is the very LAST thing i want to do. I've replaced her bedding, a few bags, and now a couch is on my bill.

My only suggestion is to ditch the litter robot for a wide open litter box. Also, it is currently located in the furnace/sunk pump room of the basement. I dont think it's very noisy, but could that be an issue.

Please help me save my cats!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone had them checked at the vet for UTI's. Sometimes the stress of change can cause them to get sick. They should be vet-checked to rule out a UTI. Are they left alone a lot? Are they getting enough attention? I would assume you gave them tons of attention in your small area and now they have this big, scary space with no loving compared to what they shared with you. Is the litter pan being kept clean enough, i.e., scooped at least once per day? There ideally should be 1 litter box per cat plus 1 extra. We use 2 pans for 2 cats.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and is it the same type of litter they were using before?

but im going to go with they just miss you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by courtney_ou

and is it the same type of litter they were using before?

but im going to go with they just miss you
Me too

It is the same type of litter, i bought her 4 big tubs of it. I stayed with them in a small room the first 2 nights they were there. To help them get used to the environment.

THe litter robot hasn't been acting up so it's been staying clean, she's going to try just getting regular litter box. What's UTI's? Do you think they'd get more stressed out going to the vet?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UTI is a urinary tract infection--the vet will prescribe a medication for it.

Leslie