I don't believe it. I love HP/Compaq Computers!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago I got a call from my SO that the cats had knocked over a large vase full of water on my laptop. I started crying because I hadn't even had the laptop for a year and it was the second one I bought. My first was a $2000 Dell that had broke 4 times before it was two years old. I bought my second laptop, a Compaq at a used computer store. The poor thing has been through heck and back. I broke the hinge. I've spilled a very small amount of milk on it twice and now a whole vase of water fell on it.

Luckily it's really close to my b-day so my SO gave me my present early. An HP Pavilian with all the fancy stuff! It's super nice, so I stopped crying because I was sad and started crying because I was so happy that my SO would spend that much money on me!

Well, today I powered up my old Compaq waiting for it to start smoking. To my surprize, it works fantastically!!! That thing was SOAKED! I turned it upside down a few weeks ago (when it happened) and water poured from it. And when you pushed on the speakers they bubbled water.

I love HP/Compaqs!!!
I highly suggest either brand! HP bought out Compaq so they are pretty much the same computer.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news that your old computer still works! Back when pagers were the thing to have I droped mine in a sink full or dish water. I took it all apart and rinsed it so there was no soapy residue and let it dry. Sure enough it worked just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Great news that your old computer still works! Back when pagers were the thing to have I droped mine in a sink full or dish water. I took it all apart and rinsed it so there was no soapy residue and let it dry. Sure enough it worked just fine.
That's awesome! You know, some things are made really good, and some things companies cut corners on. I dropped my iPod Minie, made back in 2005, into the dish sink too! It didn't work for a couple days but as soon as it was dry it worked great! I still use it to this day!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dinosar in regards to laptops-a Compaq Armada E500 that the IT dept of Neils company was upgrading-I got it for next to nothing!! Granted it crashed and I updated it to Windows XP but for a 6-7 yr old laptop for internet surfing/movie watching the price was right. I think my desktop upstairs is a Compaq (3 yr old) without any problems too.

You should write the company a letter perhaps they might send you stuff!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have the same computer I do! Or pretty close, did you get the entertainment package?? Thats the one I got, HP Pavilion dv6447 Entertainment Notebook PC, I love it to death, it has withstood many many childrens issues!! LOL

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I have a dinosar in regards to laptops-a Compaq Armada E500 that the IT dept of Neils company was upgrading-I got it for next to nothing!! Granted it crashed and I updated it to Windows XP but for a 6-7 yr old laptop for internet surfing/movie watching the price was right. I think my desktop upstairs is a Compaq (3 yr old) without any problems too.

You should write the company a letter perhaps they might send you stuff!!
I think my last laptop, the Compaq, was around the same age as yours! I love it! That company really knew how to make a good laptop.

Maybe I will write them a letter!

Originally Posted by glitch

You have the same computer I do! Or pretty close, did you get the entertainment package?? Thats the one I got, HP Pavilion dv6447 Entertainment Notebook PC, I love it to death, it has withstood many many childrens issues!! LOL
I'm not sure what the difference between ours is. Mine is the entertainment package as well! It's also one of the special editions so it has all the fancy designs all over it. Does yours have lightscribe? I've had fun playing with that! However the cds are so expensive I doubt I will use it as often as I would like. I'm glad to hear your computer has withstood kids!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all must be lucky. I have had 3 bad Compaq laptops. When one of my Cats died I dropped a soda in one of the Compaqs and my dad told them what happened and they fixed it for free. Then years later I had another Compaq and we sent it in to be fixed but it came back broken everytime. I have a Mac I have dropped so many times and it still works great.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So now you have two awesome computers? What a wonderful accident for the vase to fall
I love my HP as well, they just keep going and going...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I have a Mac I have dropped so many times and it still works great.
Great to know as I just got a macbook least year and I'm paranoid about dropping it.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

So now you have two awesome computers? What a wonderful accident for the vase to fall
I love my HP as well, they just keep going and going...
Yeah, I have too laptops now. Technically we have four working computers in the house, but my new laptop gets used the most, and one is a mini hp that sits in a drawer (one of the Jornadas). I told my SO a long time ago that once I got a new laptop he could have my Compaq, of course, I never thought HE would buy me a new laptop!