I want this kitten (like I need 3)

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

http://www.bismanonline.com/getListi...7&p=1&a=177708

How sad is it that it says her mama just had more and she is 8 weeks old. Is that even possible?
She is a cutie.
Yes it is possible and happens too often. I say get it and save the poor thing. I have three (use to have four) and we are just fine. There is more of a chance the others will accept it being a younger kitten (especially if you introduce them slowly and properly).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, its possible for more to be born that soon.

Poor mother cat....

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful!!! Her poor mommy!!! Yikes! I had no idea they could have babies that young

I think three is a great number!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you big bunch of brats, now you actually have me considering it!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh go get her! I dont know how far you are away from her, but since you're both in North Dakota you have to be somewhat close! I cant imagine life without at least 3 cats! GO GET HER, GO GET HER GO GET HER GO GET HER!!

She's gorgeous and she want to have one of the worlds best kitty moms... THATS YOU!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little pumpkin. We have 3 cats and I honestly can't imagine having just 2 now. The only difference cost wise is the checkups and vaccinations (and we get low cost vaccinations). It doesn't seem to cost any more otherwise, and the dynamics with 3 cats is fascinating

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes its possible. The mother probably gave birth to that litter and then in the same day or within 2-3 days mated with a tom and got pregnant while nursing those kittens.

Sad to say that mother will be lucky to live to raise another litter. She would have milk from the first litter as 8 week old kittens would still be nursing - but she may not have enough to feed another 7 kittens.

The owner should be pistol whipped and shot! Go get the kitten. We'll have 3 cats next spring when Jack gets here (and one dog)

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually wouldn't adopt the kitten.....I know that's mean but I would rather adopt from a shelter/rescue group instead of someone who couldn't be bothered to spay the momma cat or at least keep the momma cat isolated and indoors until ready for surgery. I know it's not the kitten's fault, but I would just be more comfortable adopting a kitten that way. Then again, if you get this kitten you know it will be spayed whereas some random person might not take care of it. I'm kinda torn! lol.

Kittens through rescue groups are almost always less expensive in initial costs because they are typically already spayed/neutered/micro-chipped and are up to date on shots.

You could always donate the $ you would have spent on this kitten to a rescue group.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Yes its possible. The mother probably gave birth to that litter and then in the same day or within 2-3 days mated with a tom and got pregnant while nursing those kittens.

Sad to say that mother will be lucky to live to raise another litter. She would have milk from the first litter as 8 week old kittens would still be nursing - but she may not have enough to feed another 7 kittens.

The owner should be pistol whipped and shot! Go get the kitten. We'll have 3 cats next spring when Jack gets here (and one dog)
I could not agree more. What is with people?
Save this kitten from a similar fate. Get her out of the clutches of these people.

You know want to get her. Give in to the temptation. Join the crazy cat person club. I have 5. 3 was a wonderful number. Go ahead. Do it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I talked to my husband. He agreed that she is cute. But we both agree that we can't take on any more financial responsibilities. We have been living from paycheck to paycheck and I just got hired at a second job to catch up on our bills. It would not be fair to take the kitten in and not be sure that we could care for her properly. I am sure if the people have not bothered to spay the mama, then she probably does not have her shots either and I do not want to put Jack and Raven at any risk, and we do not have the money to get her shots immediately. Let alone spayed in a few months.
I tried to convince my mom that her kitty needed a new little sister but she didn't buy it either lol.
Poor kitty. I wish I could rescue the mama and 7 new kittens too.