or purina pro plan natural (dry food)
How are they for food?
What are they better than?
Thanks.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO if you check they have LOTS of by products ... the better one is natural s( reg purina_ at the grocery store

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

NO if you check they have LOTS of by products ... the better one is natural s( reg purina_ at the grocery store
The Cat Chow Naturals has "powdered cellulose" in it though. The Purina One Natural Blends does not, but has by-products.

Per the Pro Plan website there are no by-products in Pro Plan Natural Selects. Or powdered cellulose for that matter.

My choice would be the Pro Plan.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my kitties didnt like either one but they love friskies which is also by purina. go figure

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova liked ProPlan, but I'm not sure how good of a food it is for the price.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

The Cat Chow Naturals has "powdered cellulose" in it though. The Purina One Natural Blends does not, but has by-products.

Per the Pro Plan website there are no by-products in Pro Plan Natural Selects. Or powdered cellulose for that matter.

My choice would be the Pro Plan.
Me off to look... what I saw in store had them... yeah cellulose is not a fave but

Price wise the naturals is still IMHO a bit better since the pro plan really has a grain as its primary after cooking ingredient and the naturals is meal vs the plain with water meat...

the pro plan if the price of say authority or max would be a solid choice

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I had to mention it, just in case the OP's cats are sensitive to it. I have one cat that barfs anything with cellulose in it.
unnamed cellulose is usually sawdust,,, just a FYI ...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

unnamed cellulose is usually sawdust,,, just a FYI ...
Yeah, it's pretty gross. I read up on that a while ago, when our vet wanted Stimpy on "diet" food and he kept throwing it up. A lot of kitty treats have cellulose now too, so I have to read labels pretty close. They even sneak it into a lot of canned foods. We don't do diet food anymore.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, I never knew "powdered cellulos" could be sawdust! Makes you really wonder if the people who make pet food even care what it does to them and how they manage to sell it. I wouldnt eat sawdust!

I saw the Purina naturals at the pet store and thought it looked ok content wise, compard to alot of grocery store brands. But, after learning so much about cat food on TCS, Kitty now eats Wellness. And SD wet food cause she is in love with it and won't let it go as I'm still slowly switching. Cats are way too smart about their food!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

Whoa, I never knew "powdered cellulos" could be sawdust! Makes you really wonder if the people who make pet food even care what it does to them and how they manage to sell it. I wouldnt eat sawdust!

I saw the Purina naturals at the pet store and thought it looked ok content wise, compard to alot of grocery store brands. But, after learning so much about cat food on TCS, Kitty now eats Wellness. And SD wet food cause she is in love with it and won't let it go as I'm still slowly switching. Cats are way too smart about their food!
To clarify .. Cellulose by AFFCO definition is a non digestible plant fiber ... but unfortunately many manufacturer s use the "floor" sweeping s ie sawdust

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To clarify .. Cellulose by AFFCO definition is a non digestible plant fiber ... but unfortunately many manufacturer s use the "floor" sweeping s ie sawdust
That is disgusting!