Cat always sleeping

pepparoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats like always sleeps. She's like 4 years old, appears very healthy, can move, walk and run accordingly, eats well and everything. Yet she sleeps 24\\7 and has been doing this for the last 5 days.

She's been sleeping on my bed. And the only time she leaves is when she goes to eat or goes to the toilet.

Any ideas why she only sleeps lol?

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd take her to the vet for a check-up if she doesn't (for instance) respond when you try to start games, etc.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this is new behaviour in just the last 5 days, I would recommend a vet visit for sure.

When she eats, how much is she eating? Feel her all over to see if you can feel if she is losing weight or has any weird bumps or anything like that. Is she still using her litter OK?

And not least - have her vet-checked.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is strange if she hasn't always been like that. Is she up to date on shots? Wormed?

Also, is it getting hot in your area. Maybe she's adjusting to the heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pepparoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If this is new behaviour in just the last 5 days, I would recommend a vet visit for sure.

When she eats, how much is she eating? Feel her all over to see if you can feel if she is losing weight or has any weird bumps or anything like that. Is she still using her litter OK?

And not least - have her vet-checked.
She does have some abnormal bumps on her back.

michellem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please take her to the vet right away. Bumps could be a sign of cancer. I hope it's not the case but she could be weak and just can't get up.