My cat is missing :( Any suggestions?

candygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat ran out of our front door last night. She still hasn't returned after almost 2 days now. We moved into our new home on Saturday and have only been in our new place for 2 days. She has always been a flat cat and has never been outside - so this must be scary for her! I'm scared she's lost and alone. Will she come back to us or has she tried to run away back to our old flat?

I haven't stopped crying ... any suggestions would be great as I feel terrible!!!

Thanks

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very difficult when our cats run away like that. I would put her scent around your flat. I used litter and some droppings and sprinkled them in my yard. I put some toys out.
Most likely she is scared and hiding nearby. Get a flashlight and look under things. This is how I found both of mine who took off shortly after I moved in.
Call her in a soft voice. Shake a treat bag. Put out a bowl of her favorite wet food. Just keep patrolling the area. Let other people know that you lost your cat.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
brilliant advice above. i would leave as much stuff around the door as possible that smells of you/her.

keep calling her, and go outside when it is very quiet, really late at night. sit down and call her softly or just talk. she quite possibly is hiding nearby but having always been an indoor cat could be very scared. hearing you talk may give her the confidence to come out.

sending tons of that you have her safely in your arms very soon.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://www.sonic.net/~pauline/psych.html

This site has some really good tips on finding a missing cat. My niece moved recently and they brought the cat to the new place and she went back home to the old place. It wasnt that far though. Dont give up, one of mine was gone for a month and she came back.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by malynn

http://www.sonic.net/~pauline/psych.html

This site has some really good tips on finding a missing cat. My niece moved recently and they brought the cat to the new place and she went back home to the old place. It wasnt that far though. Dont give up, one of mine was gone for a month and she came back.
I was going to post the same site as malynn recommended; the website I have for it is www.catsinthebag.org Please do take a look at it.

A few years ago, I told a woman in my town about the "catsinthebag" site. Her 16 year old, indoor-only kitty had gotten out, in the middle of winter. The information on the site helped her narrow down where her kitty might have gone. She found her cat just a few blocks away, taking refuge under a porch, being fed by some kind people. The cat had been missing for 5 1/2 weeks.

Since you've recently moved, check back at your previous house, if at all possible. Sometimes cats do attempt to return to their original home, no matter how far it might be.

I hope your cat is alright and that you'll soon be reunited with her.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you havn't already done so, check the local shelters to see if anyone turned her in. Put up flyers and an ad in the local paper too and talk to the neighbors.

Don't forget to pray for her safe return!

Shanynne
Extreme Kitty Lover

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cat_lady

don't worry?
Well I was worried plenty. But I am the type that has to keep moving or else I think about it too much.
Any new developments?