TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › So is it a done deal, or what?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So is it a done deal, or what? - Page 2

post #31 of 58
She needs to protect her legacy now. It was a long exhausting contest. I have to hand one thing to her. She is tough as nails. She would have to be to have weathered all the hoopla of the 90s.
I knew in the end she would fall in line. She has too much to lose not to. She may want to run for governor or run again. Who knows. But she does not want to look like a sore loser.
post #32 of 58
Thread Starter 
Well, she should angle for being VP, because if Obama wins, as soon as he is assassinated, she'll get what she was after all along.

I only wish I were joking
post #33 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
Well, she should angle for being VP, because if Obama wins, as soon as he is assassinated, she'll get what she was after all along.

I only wish I were joking
Oh noes!

Well, after listening to her speech, I feel like maybe she has actually let it go and will be sincerely supportive. My fear if she's vp is that she'll try to run again when he is up for re-election. Not a rational fear, except for the bizarreness of this primary and her sense of entitlement.

Most people don't put someone who ran negative ads against them on their ticket. I hope he would pick Jim Webb. He has many of the same pros as Hillary and none of the nightmarish negatives. The only thing he lacks is female anatomy, and anyone who would vote solely on the basis of gender doesn't deserve to vote.
post #34 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
Well, she should angle for being VP, because if Obama wins, as soon as he is assassinated, she'll get what she was after all along.

I only wish I were joking
Why do you think that would happen?
post #35 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
Oh noes!

Well, after listening to her speech, I feel like maybe she has actually let it go and will be sincerely supportive. My fear if she's vp is that she'll try to run again when he is up for re-election. Not a rational fear, except for the bizarreness of this primary and her sense of entitlement.

Most people don't put someone who ran negative ads against them on their ticket. I hope he would pick Jim Webb. He has many of the same pros as Hillary and none of the nightmarish negatives. The only thing he lacks is female anatomy, and anyone who would vote solely on the basis of gender doesn't deserve to vote.

I could not agree more. Sure it is great to be able to show our young girls that they can be and do anything. But at the end of the day it is policy that matters most.
post #36 of 58
Hilary did not cede her delegates to Obama though. At least from what I heard. Is that correct? From what heard, is something did happen to Obama, more skeletons (I think there is plenty now, but that is another topic)
she could jump right back in there.

It still blows me away that some greenhorn first-term Senator without any experience and a horrendous voting record could be running for POTUS.
post #37 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
He did reach the magic number on Tuesday (40 over, actually), and Clinton is conceding on Saturday night.
I could be wrong, but I thought his reaching the magic number was based on the pledged delegates from primaries and caucuses AND the pledged (publicly supporting him) superdelegates.
post #38 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
Well, she should angle for being VP, because if Obama wins, as soon as he is assassinated, she'll get what she was after all along.

I only wish I were joking
what is it with you people, and wanting american leader killed?

the man has almost 0 chance of getting elected.
If the vote had not been split back when bill clinton won,
dem would not have won then. Loons and racist like obama wont get elected here
post #39 of 58
Where did she say she wanted him killed? She fears for the possibility is all -- unless I've totally misread what she said.
post #40 of 58
You know if it had been Bruce or I or others that don't like Obama we would be accused of being, "hateful".

Maybe Sarah is mentioning assassination because of Obma's lame attempt to emulate Kenneday.
post #41 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12 View Post
Why do you think that would happen?
Because he is black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
You know if it had been Bruce or I or others that don't like Obama we would be accused of being, "hateful".

Maybe Sarah is mentioning assassination because of Obama's lame attempt to emulate Kennedy.
Not at all. I say it because I think it is a real possibility. I never said I `wanted' it to happen (and you know that perfectly well, Bruce). I wouldn't want any leader assassinated no matter how I disagreed with what they stood for (with the exception of Robert Mugabe). But it is a very real possibility and to deny it would be extremely naive, in my opinion.

The leader of the Ku Klux Klan came out and said it. And I'm sure many more are thinking about it. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nid7P...nst-obama.html

In a separate story, Fox News joked about it. It's not as though it's a new idea that I came up with.

I don't believe for one second that if a black President were elected to govern America that at some point an attempt would not be made on his life. And that makes me very sad.
post #42 of 58
lol realliy, how many times, has it been posted here.,
wish someone would kill bush or he would jsut drop dead? or the vice presdent would die.

Obama is making a lot of enemy, and its not because he is black.
post #43 of 58
Thread Starter 
Perhaps it has been posted here. But not by me. I have never wished for Bush or anyone to be assassinated and I stand by that. Even if I had the chance to do it myself I wouldn't. Disagreeing with someone - even despising them - doesn't equal wanting them dead. Not to me, anyway.

Except, as I said, for Mr Mugabe, whose grave I would happily dance over.
post #44 of 58
I wasn't judging you Kit, I was wondering why you thought that. I wasn't sure if it was the Jeremiah Wright thing, the so called he is a muslim thing or a race thing.

If GWBush had 8 years of political experience before being elected then that argument is no longer a good one. Obama has 10. We have elected someone before. I don't think that matters as much anymore. The precedent has been set.
Here I am defending Obama and I am not even a supporter.
But not for the reasons stated here by others. I don't care that he said typical white person, I don't care about Jeremiah Wright, I don't care about his middle name or any of that stuff. It will be based on policy and agenda.

I disagree that he can't get elected. I think his chances against McCain are good. McCain has skeletons too. I guess it depends on whose skeletons are palpable to the American public.
post #45 of 58
you should care about the wright stuff, and others.
it shows obama has no ability to judge people.

or he goes along with what these people believe.
in which case the man is a threat to the United states.
post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought his reaching the magic number was based on the pledged delegates from primaries and caucuses AND the pledged (publicly supporting him) superdelegates.
I'm not sure what your post means here. Do you mean he hasn't reached the magic number because his number of delegates include superdelegates? If so, that's always the case, and whether the delegates are superdelegates or not doesn't matter. Number of delegates is number of delegates, he didn't reach 2158 "less" because he didn't reach 2118 without superdelegates.

Regardless, she's out, and he's the nominee, and she's endorsed him.
post #47 of 58
Yes, but couldn't she jump back "in" if circumstances warranted it?
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
I'm not sure what your post means here. Do you mean he hasn't reached the magic number because his number of delegates include superdelegates? If so, that's always the case, and whether the delegates are superdelegates or not doesn't matter. Number of delegates is number of delegates, he didn't reach 2158 "less" because he didn't reach 2118 without superdelegates.

Regardless, she's out, and he's the nominee, and she's endorsed him.
Superdelegates can change their minds up to the time they actually cast their vote at the convention. There are some who have pledged for Hillary, changed to Barack, then gone back to Hillary, and now changing back to Obama. Should those "votes" count yet? If some deep, dark, nasty something comes out about Obama in the next 2 months, they could all switch sides and Hillary could still be the nominee. Superdelegate pledging doesn't seem to mean a whole lot.

Theoretically, the regular state delegates can also vote for whoever they want, but they have more of a commitment to the voters to keep to their pledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Yes, but couldn't she jump back "in" if circumstances warranted it?
That's my take on it. Unlike Edwards, she isn't casting her delegates behind him, so if (in that snowball's chance in heck type scenario) something happens and Obama implodes, she would still have the delegates.
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
you should care about the wright stuff, and others.
it shows obama has no ability to judge people.

or he goes along with what these people believe.
in which case the man is a threat to the United states.
Well then you have to say the same about the anti Semitic Hagee or all of those lobbyists on McCain's staff. So he must have lack of judgment too.
If that is the argument it goes both ways.
What about the whispers that say McCain is mentally unbalanced because he was a POW and was tortured? That he has unchecked PTSD?
post #50 of 58
I would say HAGEE is not an apples to apples comparison, but you know that already.

And the PTSD is just that, whispers and rumors with no basis in fact so how does that compare to the Rev Wright and Barack's 20 year bosum buddy friendship again? Come on, admit it, Barak just loves to hang with the racist anti-American folk, good grief he even married one.
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Superdelegates can change their minds up to the time they actually cast their vote at the convention. There are some who have pledged for Hillary, changed to Barack, then gone back to Hillary, and now changing back to Obama. Should those "votes" count yet? If some deep, dark, nasty something comes out about Obama in the next 2 months, they could all switch sides and Hillary could still be the nominee. Superdelegate pledging doesn't seem to mean a whole lot.

Theoretically, the regular state delegates can also vote for whoever they want, but they have more of a commitment to the voters to keep to their pledge.



That's my take on it. Unlike Edwards, she isn't casting her delegates behind him, so if (in that snowball's chance in heck type scenario) something happens and Obama implodes, she would still have the delegates.
Yep, that is exactly what I thought. Thanks, V.
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I would say HAGEE is not an apples to apples comparison, but you know that already.

And the PTSD is just that, whispers and rumors with no basis in fact so how does that compare to the Rev Wright and Barack's 20 year bosum buddy friendship again? Come on, admit it, Barak just loves to hang with the racist anti-American folk, good grief he even married one.
Why do you say that Hagee is any different? He is a hate monger and McCain has repudiated him. Hagee is miffed.

Obama's wife is not anti American. She made one statement that has been beaten to death. Even Laura Bush said things are often taken out of context and didn't think she meant that. I would have to have proof that she was an active subversive to believe that. What has she done that is anti American?

The reason I mentioned the PTSD and McCain is because I find some of the statements here the same. Not based on hard facts. Though how someone could be rendered and tortured and not have PTSD is a stretch. In my view this doesn't make him less qualified but it can be slanted that way if one wants. He is known to have a hair trigger temper and unpredictable mood swings. People could use this against him by presenting it a certain way.

The right always tries to decide who is more American and who the bigger patriot is. This is sort of like McCarthyism. Who decides what the qualifications are? How can you ever know that? Patriotism is a personal thing and means something different to various people.

If Wright is so hateful of white people why was he a close friend of the Clintons?
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12 View Post
If Wright is so hateful of white people why was he a close friend of the Clintons?
He wasn't - he attended a group event at the White House, and had his picture taken.
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
He wasn't - he attended a group event at the White House, and had his picture taken.
Fair enough. I think that was one of those exaggerations floating around. He was actually asked to the White House when Clinton was reaching out to spiritual leaders across the country. He was among them. Friend was too strong a word.
Personally I think Wright is a little loco. I think anti Catholic Hagee and Anti Muslim Parsely are too.
post #55 of 58
Maybe because Hagee wasn't McCain's bosom buddy for 20 years. Didn't Barak dedicate his book to the Rev? These two were TIGHT, real, real tight.
To me that says Obama is a liar of the first order when he said that "that isn't the Reverend Wright I know" that is a lie. IMO, there is no way on Earth you can have a friend you are that close to for 20 YEARS and not know the man is a hate-filled anti-american racist. He knew, you can bet he knew. So IMO he either didn't care or he agreed with him. Whichever it is, it is sad and Barak lied.
And that is not even touching the issue of Tony Rezko and William Ayers the American terrorist.
Barak has scary friends, very scary.
post #56 of 58
Thread Starter 
Oh I don't know. There has been a massive paedophile ring busted up recently, with more than 90 Australian `families' being investigated and charged. I could pretty much guarantee that any number of the women in those families had no idea what their husbands got up to in their own time.

That of course has nothing to do with this case but it is not even remotely unusual that you could be close to someone and not know their darkest side.

Of course, I'm not saying that Obama didn't know at all, but it's not impossible that he didn't know the full extent. That's just human nature. If you want to hide something you can. I have secrets and things that only I know that those closest to me wouldn't have a clue about. Not a clue.

If it was Bush that had scary friends (and he does) you can guarantee that he'd be given every excuse under the sun to have `not known' what they were really like.

If you're going to have standards, just make sure they aren't double ones.
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12 View Post
Obama's wife is not anti American. She made one statement that has been beaten to death.
she has made few such style statments. Just the one has gotten air play.

I would like a excuse to vote for someone besides REP. But i cant vote for people like obama, or kerry or clinton.
post #58 of 58
But what has she done? Everyone says things without really thinking or it is taken out of context.
I mean her actions.

We expect perfection from people and that is not going to happen. There are going to be things about them that we don't like. Perhaps Wright became more and more radical as he got older. The man is a war veteran so it makes no sense that he has always been that way.

I have friends that I like but have done or said things that I didn't agree with. But they are good friends to me.

I just think that whole thing is overblown.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › So is it a done deal, or what?