another kitty naming thread

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sort of...

I thought I'd take Rianna's lead and get your guys' input also.

We are keeping one of our foster's kittens. He is a fluffy (long haired) red with white polydactyl.

From the day he was born we were calling him Butterfinger. It seemed fitting because of his color and all his toes - 7 on front left, 6 on front right 6 on left rear and 5 on right rear. But once we decided that we would adopt him we knew we had to come up with something else... Butterfinger is just too hard to call out. And BF'er didnt seem appropriate

Then my daughter said he was 'Finger Lickin Good' and start calling him Taco. But hubby knows someone by that nickname and refused it.

The choices we've been throwing around are Nacho, Chedda' and Weebles (as in Weeble Wobble because of the way he walks - you will see in a picture I attach that he had issues with his back legs that seem to be getting stronger).

^ Here he is with his sister, Squishy, and our previous foster whom we recently adopted. See how his back legs go out? Kinda of like my Newfs "swimmer" legs, but I dont think this is normal on a cat. It isnt hindering him in anyway, he still runs , jumps and keeps up with the others, and his legs (or hips) seem to be getting stronger and for the most part now he keeps them together now. They are 6-weeks old today!

^ Here you can get a slight glimpse of his massive paws. ^

^ a little game of peek-a-boo! ^

^ just being irresistible! ^

^ camera just loves him

^ last but not least, one of my favorite shots ^

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so cute!
I know it's used alot but I was thinking Tigger
He looks like a Tigger to me.

Or you can shorten butterfinger and call him BeeFee....kinda like Taco or Nacho...foodish

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a polydactyl too.
How about Mac for macaroni and cheese.
Nachito for little Nacho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Are you sure he dosent have fcks or Pectus Excavatum. My Oreo has fcks and her legs did that also. I like Nacho for a name.
The shelter had him checked out and his chest is fine. It's just his back legs/hips. They showed me how to tape his back legs together to help him walk with them together, but he is doing it on his own now. He isnt in any pain, and like I said he is keeping up with the other kittens fine, just looked funny sometimes when he walks or jumps. I really dont notice him doing it much anymore now that he's getting older.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I have a polydactyl too.
How about Mac for macaroni and cheese.
Nachito for little Nacho.
We had a Polydactyl a LONG time ago, Mufasa, and he was the best cat ever
He passed away in his old age, it wasnt until after he died that I learned his extra toe thing had a name. Last year we had a normal toed foster come in that had two polys (we kept one) and now this year our current foster is a poly and she had one poly kitten. Last night I was watching little Chedda/Nacho/Taco (lol) play with a pen cap and he was already using his little thumbs like a pro!

Hubby had another suggestion of calling him Fonz - because of his thumbs

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Looks like a Pudge to me.
Originally Posted by silvionc

LOL i agree!! He does look like a Pudge.
That's funny. When Roly was a kitten, Pudge was one of the names we considered for him before we settled on his name, he definitely fit the profile - Roly Poly!

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about Simba, since your old poly was Mufasa. Plus, he does look like a little lion!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's orange and white. Something foodish that's orange and white??
Spaghetti-O.
Say it out loud. Sounds nice.

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So cute!

I like the Mac suggestion. Short for something foodie, but still a name. And a cute one at that!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

He is so cute!
I know it's used alot but I was thinking Tigger
He looks like a Tigger to me.

Or you can shorten butterfinger and call him BeeFee....kinda like Taco or Nacho...foodish
or shorten it to just Butter!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ROFL - poor kittens will be 7 weeks old on Tuesday and this little red boy has been called every name in the book.

Now I have taken to calling him Squishy (which is the name I temp-dubbed his tortie sister) but hubby doesnt think it's appropriate for a male cat.

But I just think he is so soft and cuddly! Every time I hold him I cant help but think of the Bugs Bunny cartoon I want to "hug him and squeeze him and call him George!"

He's a character that's for sure. While his brother and sisters like to sleep behind the couch, he is content to sprawl out in the middle of the living room floor or cuddle up to Roly (who wants nothing to do with him) or our 100-pound overgrown lapdog, Chewbacca.

You know I have pics

^ Squishy/Chedda/Weebles/Taco/Butter snoozin' on Chewy's tail.

^ How do you like those paws?

^ I think the kitties think Chewy is their surrogate incubator! This is my red-boy with Shenanigans, the only kit left from the first foster bunch.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first cat I remember having was a polydactyl. His name was Paws and he was a black kitty. I don't remember what happened to him though. But Paws is a good name for a polydactyl.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

But I just think he is so soft and cuddly! Every time I hold him I cant help but think of the Bugs Bunny cartoon I want to "hug him and squeeze him and call him George!"

He's a character that's for sure. While his brother and sisters like to sleep behind the couch, he is content to sprawl out in the middle of the living room floor or cuddle up to Roly (who wants nothing to do with him) or our 100-pound overgrown lapdog, Chewbacca.
ok, now i'm thinking you should name him either George or Han Solo!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

ok, now i'm thinking you should name him either George or Han Solo!
ROFL - we had a newf named Han Solo. He was a big 150 pound slobber boy. Lazy as a bag of rocks! but very sure of himself.

...and George is a name my hubby nominated for this new boy. I think he thinks Squishy is a sissy name. He said if he was a girl, he wouldnt care. Hrumph!

Now you see why I'm having such a hard time! So many opinions!!!!

That's alright... Chewy was nameless for a while before we settled on Chewbacca, and when it was finally suggested - we knew it was perfect.

Roly's name was perfect, he was a piggy from his first meow, his original name was Wilbur, but we sorta morphed to Roly as he grew.

Squeaker was a cry baby and when hubby suggested it - we knew it was the one!

As for Twix... she came to our shelter as a stray and the kids named her because of her coloring.

Hmmm.... sounds like it's my turn to pick