Mango allergies...

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So the last couple day's I've been spazzing out because I have this rash on my face. Started just on my lips and it's spread to my chin, neck, eyes, forehead. Google searches indicated anything from just lip rash, to impetigo, to herpes, to random other strange obscure diseases.

Then on a whim I looked for mango allergies (had a mango over the weekend for the first time in ages). Sure enough, tons of references and descriptions of exactly what I was having (tiny bumps on lips, weeping, burning, itching). Apparently it's only the skin that gives you this reaction (oils on skin the same as poison ivy).

Oof... another 8 to 10 days of itchiness apparently, it's gonna be a long week or two...

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's gotta suck - I would hate to be allergic to mango, because I absolutely LOVE mango!

Hope you feel better soon!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That's gotta suck - I would hate to be allergic to mango, because I absolutely LOVE mango!

Hope you feel better soon!
That really would suck, BIG TIME! I almost always have a mango or two on the counter, waiting to be inhaled. Hoo boy, would I miss that! Hope the effects dissipate soon.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how it is, Im allergic to fresh pineapple! I'm ok in small amounts of pizza but they are tinned and small amounts in cocktails

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I know how it is, Im allergic to fresh pineapple! I'm ok in small amounts of pizza but they are tinned and small amounts in cocktails
LOL - I'm allergic to pineapple also.