OK, fill me in......what's a DH?

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen "DH" used in many threads on this forum, and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm almost positive it's not "designated hitter"

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Dear Husband" although I'm sure it can have other meanings as well depending on how much we like our husbands at that particular moment

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH -Dear (darling) husband
DW - same only wife
DS, DD, same, only son/daughter.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH=Designated horror.
often used by the few male members when they talk about there wife.

or yea, it could DH -Dear husband

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Mz Kitty

I've seen "DH" used in many threads on this forum, and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm almost positive it's not "designated hitter"
OOO another baseball-minded person?!?! Haha, I love baseball and although I know on the boards DH refers to the hubby, I always first think designated hitter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am a baseball fan. Originally from Ohio, I am a Cincinnati Reds fan and always watch their scores. Same for Ohio State football. You can take the gal out of the state, but you can't take the state out of the gal, I guess.

Thanks for the answers

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Mz Kitty

Yes, I am a baseball fan. Originally from Ohio, I am a Cincinnati Reds fan and always watch their scores. Same for Ohio State football. You can take the gal out of the state, but you can't take the state out of the gal, I guess.
Uh oh, I went to Penn State and bleed blue and white haha, but I'll forgive you... I'm from south Jersey and like the Phillies, but I love love love the Red Sox, sad that David Ortiz is hurt, but I paid the $160 to get the digital cable baseball package and watch every Sox game I can lol... I actually went to the Phils/Reds game last night but unfortunately they sat Griffey so no chance of seeing his 600th

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, Im glad Im not the only person who had to ask that question!! Only I kept thinking "Damn Husband" Which is normally what I mean when I say DH!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you sure, i thought it ment
slimy ocsar,and all this time i thought people where talking about there pet fish..... gee i feel some dumb

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My man is FH right now...future husband
Or DF = Dear fiance! Are you used to calling him that yet?

Originally Posted by theimp98

DH=Designated horror.
often used by the few male members when they talk about there wife.

or yea, it could DH -Dear husband
Good one. For awhile some members were trying to use BN to indicate a DH or SO standing for Background Noise.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I've been a member here for over a year and I was never sure what DH meant. I had guessing it was "dear husband" but I had no idea.

I always call my boyfriend my SO, because he is my significant other, and we won't be married until I'm done with school and find a house. Priorities!
We've been datting for 2 and a half years.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

OOO another baseball-minded person?!?! Haha, I love baseball and although I know on the boards DH refers to the hubby, I always first think designated hitter
I love baseball, too, and every time I type DH my mind says, "Designated Hubby."