Ear sucking

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So our new cat Harley surprised me big time yesterday.

He is very lovey, wants to sit on your lap and be petted etc. Which is great because the resident cat never willingly does this--he'll let you love on him but not for long.

So Harley is lying on my lay yesterday, kneading like crazy and he starts to suck on my earlobe.

That is what I woke up to this morning as well--a cat sucking my ear.

Hubby better watch out--someone is trying win me over!

Leslie

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, and at that rate, I'm sure he will win you over!!

Though having your ear sucked on by a kitty can feel a little weird, it is very endearing. Evie tends to nibble on my ear lobe, and occassionally licks inside my ear! Talk about weird!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It gives me the chills when he does it. It is a little creepy but it pulls at my heart strings and reassures me that hubby and I did the right thing of giving this little guy a furrever home.

Leslie

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

It gives me the chills when he does it. It is a little creepy but it pulls at my heart strings and reassures me that hubby and I did the right thing of giving this little guy a furrever home.

Leslie
What a loving guy.

Lucy likes to stick her cold wet nose in our ears when she is getting cuddly.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cello won't let me go to bed before i let him 'smurgle' my ears for five minutes.....hh

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet! Not to mention, in a way, he is probably so thankful to be so happy.
My own Kitten will take to my pinky every now-and-then, though she always sucks on her tail as she falls asleep.
:

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up to ear sucking this morning--and it was't hubby!

Leslie

skinnycat75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that is so cute!! My Linus likes to lick my nose when he's in a loving mood, but then he will bite it gently LOL hurts a bit sometimes

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is too cute and funny. My babies Max and Molly have discovered my ears, and each of them just had to take a little nibble. Man, that sure did tickle! I'm glad they don't want to suck on my ears, though. I think that would be too much for me!

cat princess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cute, I've had a couple of cats that did that. I had one cat, a beautiful Abby male named Ramses, who would 'bathe' me. He would like both of my ears in and out until my ears were red and sore.

Have you ever had your scalp bathed?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a little creepy and may freak out some visitors but we think its pretty special.

We have found out our new adoptee is deaf.

Leslie

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Pipsi has done that since we got her as a tiny kitten 7 months ago, I was a bit concerned at first and did some research, apparently they find it comforting so now I tend to think of it as like giving a baby a dummy (pacifier?) makes it a bit less wierd

Unfortunately for me though, when we got the Dude a couple of months after Pips he watched what she was doing and decided I must taste nice! so he settles down at night by licking and kneading (ouch!) my neck then sleeps as snuggled in to it as he can carrying on with the licking/kneading whenever he wakes.
The end result is that most mornings I wake up with Dude licking the left side of my neck and Pipsi chewing my right ear

.... its a good job I love them!

Good luck with your little guy, he sound a darling