All time favourite band/song

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is your all time favourite band/song?

I love allll songs of Chambao and Erykah Badu, seriously, i can listen to them 24/7 and never get tired of their music

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me is Queen!..

I have the enterely cd Collection and is sooo hard to choose one song...

-Innuendo
-The miracle
-Bohemian Rapsody...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite Band: Icehouse (from Australia). Song of theirs? Oh, far too many to pick from. Girl in the Moon, Man of Colours, his arrangements of two Bowie songs (from a CD full of such arrangements, beautiful work!), Great Southern Land (original and his techno-reworked versions), and the list goes on... Pretty much anything from their Code Blue disc... although Charlie's Sky is exquisitely done!! The prop engine starting in the beginning sets the scene...

Okay, I'll stop now... considering Iva and Icehouse have been going for nearly 30 years, there's a lot to pick from...

Amanda

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut Copy-Everything from the last cd.
Too many to name since I listen to so much depending on my mood.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can never answer questions like this -- there's just too much good music out there to narrow it down. But I thought I'd mention something that happened yesterday...

I was in the car, and I guess I tried to double-click the radio
-- I turned it on and then off instantly. I heard perhaps a split-second of sound between the two clicks, but I recognized the record just that quickly, and the precise moment within the record: it was Springsteen's "Born To Run," the final moment of that frantic tidal wave of sound in the instrumental section, just before it releases into the final verse. There's no other cacophony quite like it!

And if I had to choose... yeah, that might be the greatest song and the greatest band ever.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glenn Hughes. I don't think I could pick any one song - his career has been too long. Trapeze, Deep Purple, Hughes/Thrall, Black Sabbath/Iommi, Voodoo Hill, Hughes Turner Project, Phenomena, solo, and numerous other albums he's guested on that range from blues to metal albums.

Probably the only musician I'm willing to spend over $50-60 per cd (for used cds) for his out of print albums.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=glenn+hughes Lots of vids up, I suggest people give his music a try - his solo is a mix of rock/hard rock, blues, funk (he is a bass player after all) and soul.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AC/DC and for something completely different, The Glenn Miller Band

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Far too many favourite songs to pick just one so I will pick my favourite one at the moment which is....

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Journey and their song "Faithfully".
I`m gonna have to go on Youtube and listen to that one!

Journey - Don`t stop believing

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed to Live Without You.

I can never tire of that song, it's great! Plus, my mum and dad are off to see him in concert later this year, I bought the tickets for mum's birthday, she nearly died when she opened her card and saw those inside!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favourite band is Kiss. I have a gazzilion favourite Kiss songs, it's almost impossible to pick one all time fav song. However the song that turned me on to Kiss for the FIRST time was "Strutter", so I guess I'll say STRUTTER!

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, I will throw my hat in this ring and go out on a limb as I love country music. George Strait and Alan Jackson are my two faves. I guess I am show you all my age

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I guess I would have to say The Eagles, and I love all the songs off their Hotel California Album..
Oh my gosh, I just saw "A Tribute to the Eagles" here in Las Vegas because my sister is an Eagles freak and I took her to this show for her birthday. It's a group of five guys who play all the best of the Eagles music and they travel around the country. I expected them to be just OK and they were absolutely fantastic! If you ever see them in your neck of the woods, I would highly recommend that you go. The audience just went nuts after each song and I would go again.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have so many favorite bands and it really depends on what mood I am in as to what may favorite band or song of the moment is. My first favorite bands were The Beatles and Duran Duran. These days I am most likely to be found listening to Franz Ferdinand, Belle and Sebastian, Paul McCartney solo stuff or Morrissey.

I don't have an all-time favorite song, but I do have a favorite song for each of my favorite artists:

The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
Duran Duran - Come Undone
Franz Ferdinand - Outsiders
Belle and Sebastian - Funny Little Frog
Paul McCartney - Coming Up (my favorite song when I was a kid
)
Morrissey - The Last of the Gang to Die

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i listen to most types of music.