Just find it odd.......

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No problem here at all, but I just find this rather strange......

So I have two boys, Ernie and Santo, both brothers and just over a year old. Ernie will routinely go up to Santo and lick him like a good brother. However I have yet to see them sleep together like many cats do, especially siblings. Growing up I remember my cats always sleeping together, arms locked and the whole nine yards and they weren't even related. These two are brothers but when its nap time one is on the couch and the other is somewhere else. Just curious, any of you out there who have siblings in the same house where they don't cuddle up together while sleeping? I thought that was just the natural cat instinct for two cats in the same house.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demetri and Anastasia have the same father, Demetri is also uncle to the other 2 who are cousins.

They all sleep all curled up together, and spend most of their time all together.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all the time. Maybe the boys just like their "space". Do they tend to sleep more together when its cold (winter)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Not all the time. Maybe the boys just like their "space". Do they tend to sleep more together when its cold (winter)?
Nope, even in the winter they don't sleep together. They obviously like each other because they run around here chasing each other like their tails are on fire, but just don't sleep together. At night both are in bed, but usually on different sides of me. Like I said, not a problem, just find it kind of odd.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my girls Antigone and Pandora are sisters and they very rarely sleep together, in fact, it's rare to really see any of my cats cuddling together and they have a lot of choices
Even Perseus and Apollo, who used to cuddle all the time have recently drifted apart. I think my cats are "people" cats as opposed to "cat" cats if that makes sense, they'd rather be cuddling with me than another kitty

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Izzy and Lola hate each other. Izzy will sleep with Conan and Lola will sleep with Tweety, but they will not under any circumstances sleep with each other.

Now Tweety, conan, Zoe and Pumpkin all love to sleep in kitty piles. tweety and Conan are brothers.