New Addition - Margo

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This lil lady came home with me today. Better pics tomorrow, when it's daylight so I can hopefully avoid using flash.

Meowmy says it's dirty, but I has cat house?

Meowmy says I can't do this no more now that I'm home

She's been jammed in a cage since sometime in October, then had babies, raised them, & has been waiting for a furr-ever home since Feb!
She doesn't use a litterbox, was overgrooming severly, & has digestive issues (throws up/loose stools). Everything but the litterbox issues was stress caused. She had the LB issues when she came in.

She's been running around with her tail puffed up like it's on fire for 4 hours now. I'm not that thrilled to have her, but there wasn't much of an alternative. We aren't sure she can survive outdoors, if she can't swing it here, it'll give me time to come up with an alternative (or actually get the kitty enclosure attached to the shed kitty proof).

I know many of you do not approve of the fact that I have farm cats - I don't care. I don't want to hear anything about the fact that I have farm cats. They're spayed/neutered, given shots, & get routine vet care. Better than dead, where Margo was headed.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a problem with farm cats. My grandfather always had them. My first exposure to cats was on the farm. And the local rescue of last resort is a barn cat rescue.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaw! She's so lovely!
Many unpuff your tail headed her way! I think being a barn cat is much better than the alternative. Enjoy your new life, little girl!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she is a cute cat even though she has issues. Poor baby. Bless you for taking her in. I don't have a problem with farm cats either. As long as they're taken care of.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Life as your farm cat is better than the life she's had so far!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
farm cats that are well cared for have a sweet life. IF they are spayed/neutered and have food etc. they have a great life. I have been around and owned horses all my life, and with that comes barn cats, and to be honest, very few ever went missing or got hit by cars and lived JUST as long as a house cat, with the benefits of being outside, having tons of room, getting to hunt and BE cats. I think they were very lucky and still had tons of love!

Your new cat, even with her issues is quite pretty! I hope she fits in well......

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have issues with barn cats either. Sitting in a cage in a kill shelter is much worse than having a home that is warm, can stretch, get some good food, regular vet checks AND catch mousies.
My cousin has stables and they have three cats that everyone just loves. They are spoiled rotten. They sleep in a warm cathouse in the stable, get cuddles and treats. The alternative was to be PTS.

So now that I voiced my opinion let me gush over her. She is a pretty cat. I love blue cats with yellow eyes. I bet she gets over some of her issues now that she has space and a home.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a pretty cat. I grew up on a farm and I don't have a problem with barn cats either as long as they are altered and are given basic care. Many cats that weren't socialized as kittens can never adjust to being indoor pets and being a cared for barn cat is a great alternative.

church11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nothing is wrong with barn cats they are great additions to a farm. the cat is beautifual good luck with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went out to check on her this AM & I got "zoomed".
I can't find her toys, she's got them stashed away or chased into a corner so I've got to get her more. She's having a high old time.

So far, she hasn't ripped out any more hair that I can see.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha Ha! She sounds like she's adapting fairly well.

Oh and by the way I have major issues with farm cats :p NOT!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another lucky kitty has landed on her feet, so to speak. She's a pretty kitty, and she'll have a fine ol' time being a barn cat under your care.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

she's gorgeous!
looks like my
Mouse!
I thought she was beautiful, too. She has rabbit soft fur, too.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
indoor cats dont even know they could be catching mousies in a barn and havin fun, but I bet alot of them would choose that life over spoiled house bound ones. cant see why anyone would have a problem with cared for barn cats. Glad she has a good home with you

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love gray cats! hopefully Margo will be a little more farm life savvy than Molly

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hearz rumorz that barnz have mice, and chickenz to chaze and eatz

lol barn cats, and half indoor cats was how i first came to knwo cats.
A cat that gave my aunt as a kid lived for 14 years or so, as half barn cat, half house cat.

sometimes he slept in the barn sometimes the house. where ever he wanted.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's sure beautiful. Good for you for taking her in! Here are vibes on her quick adjustment to her new home. Best of luck!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she is such a pretty girl!!! I'm so happy she's out of the cage!

I would much rather see a cat live it's life as farm cat than in a cage.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I love gray cats! hopefully Margo will be a little more farm life savvy than Molly
I'm pretty sure she will. I'm afraid she'll be like Tabitha & Slinky, I can see them & get within 3' of them, but that's as close as I can get.

She was loose today (re-inforced the shed door so she stays in now!). Strutting around the place, happy as a clam. Gets along great with Cow, Fafeena glared at her, then she went back in the shed....and discovered more toys to hide!