My Grandma's cat

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted about my Grandma's cat in the S.O.S forum awhile back. My Grandma passed away last month and her kitty was left behind. I found out that, although the other family members adopted her dog and birds, none of the family members would take her kitty. A neighbor agreed to feed him for the time being but cannot keep him.

This cat meant a lot to my Grandma. She adopted him from a shelter several years ago. When he was younger, he was brutally maimed by someone who decided to take it upon themselves to neuter him (NOT just the testicles
). He was also, at some point, bitten by a poisonous snake and lived to tell the tale.

As soon as I heard no one wanted him, I said I'd take him if I could get him home. Through Uship, I have found a transporter willing to bring Smokey Bear home. My uncle is paying the $150 that the transporter charges. They're picking him up in Texas on either Monday or Tuesday and he'll be here whenever they get back up this way.

So provided everything goes well, Smokey Bear will be home this week!!

Vibes would be greatly appreciated that everything goes as planned and Smokey Bear will get here safe and sound.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your uncle for paying the freight, and you for taking this poor baby in. He is probably so confused and frightened now. I know he will get the best of care with you, and once again have a happy, loving home. I am sure your Grandma is smiling down on you.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokey Bear will be loved and cared for. I agree. Your grandmother is definitely smiling down on you.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokey Bear will be ever so grateful for your kindness, your Grandmother too, she will be proud!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lots of good wishes to Smokey Bear , for a smooth journey to you.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have a safe trip to your new home Smokey the Bear!

Poor baby. I was horrified reading about what happened to him before your grandmother adopted him. I just cant believe some people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes! Things started out bumpy this morning with some miscommunications with the transporter but everything is cleared up now and the driver is on his way to Texas right now. He should be picking up Smokey Bear Monday night/Tuesday and then head back up this way and will be here probably Wednesday or Thursday.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of for Smokey Bear (love that name!) You are a kitty angel

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here have Garrison Kiellor's "Songs of the Cat" album? One of the songs is to the tune of "My Grandfather's Clock" but begins:

"My Grandmother's cat was to large for the shelf,
So he slept every night on the bed.
He was almost as big as Grandma herself,
For three times a day he was fed.. . ."

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a call earlier, the driver was planning on picking Smokey Bear up in Texas at 7 p.m. Texas time. He was planning on tomorrow but got to Texas earlier than expected. So Smokey Bear will begin his journey home this evening!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I got a call earlier, the driver was planning on picking Smokey Bear up in Texas at 7 p.m. Texas time. He was planning on tomorrow but got to Texas earlier than expected. So Smokey Bear will begin his journey home this evening!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad! I was sure he would be frightened half to death after those days. Who has been caring for him until he comes to you? I think we are almost as as excited as you are for him to get to you. Please let us know when he arrives.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I am so glad! I was sure he would be frightened half to death after those days. Who has been caring for him until he comes to you? I think we are almost as as excited as you are for him to get to you. Please let us know when he arrives.
My Grandma's neighbor was supposed to be caring for him, but I found out that he's been living on my Grandma's porch and has been hunting for his own food because the neighbors cats ran him off. My uncle said that his ears are in bad shape and he's skinny and scraggly but is otherwise okay.

I can't wait for him to get here so I can get him cleaned up and taken care of. My Grandma wouldn't have wanted him to live on the streets.

I got a call last night, Smokey Bear left Belton Texas around 7 p.m. my time. The driver thinks he'll be here either tonight or tomorrow morning!

Thank you all for the vibes and the kind words. I will definitely post when he arrives and will have pictures of course.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart for taking that poor guy in

I can`t wait to see some pictures and hear how he`s doing. Sounds like he`s had a really sad life.

Vibes that he arrives soon and settles in quick.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Smokey Bear is on his way to you. He's a lucky boy!