Why is it

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when guys make a mess like on the counter or in the sink they don't clean it up? Like DH will wash his hands in the bathroom sink and leave dirty water spots in it. Do men just not notice they are making a mess, or do they just not care.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

when guys make a mess like on the counter or in the sink they don't clean it up? Like DH will wash his hands in the bathroom sink and leave dirty water spots in it. Do men just not notice they are making a mess, or do they just not care.
Seriously not all guys do that. I never do.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine puts back empty food containers to avoid throwing them away.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

My personal favorite is the whisker trimmings around the bathroom sink
Oh yeah. Rob will shave his face, and leave the trimmings there until I get fed up and wash them away!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The honest answer is this: some men (not all, just some) don't give a poop about anyone but themselves!!

By the way, I only said SOME men. Don't be offended guys!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My theory is Men have no Such Things as Short-Term Memories so in their defence maybe they just forgot they messed up things in the first place...

Sorry guys but I work with tons of men and this seems to come up time and time again...

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

My theory is Men have no Such Things as Short-Term Memories so in their defence maybe they just forgot they messed up things in the first place...

Sorry guys but I work with tons of men and this seems to come up time and time again...
I agree! I have seen this theory put into practice many times!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read in Cosmo once that the reason men don't wipe crumbs up for instance, is because they don't actually notice them there. It's something to do with the difference between the male and female brain.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gah! I'm starting to think that men are less trainable than ferrets or cats! I have a friend who is my pet sitter for those rare times I'm gone for a few days without the critters. He can't remember to put the toilet seat and lid down. He leaves trash laying around AAAAARGH!

Angie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The poor guys can't catch a break around here!

Just remember this thread when one of them starts a thread about us women!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Mine puts back empty food containers to avoid throwing them away.
I was blaming the kids, for the empty ice cream container. and the empty cereal box. Dh says it wasn't, them it was me, I said why? his answer. I don't know I just do it.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's just gross.
My husband doesn't do any of this stuff. He does leave his dishes on the counter, rather than the dishwasher, but that's not really a big deal.

Originally Posted by musicalbookworm

Gah! I'm starting to think that men are less trainable than ferrets or cats! I have a friend who is my pet sitter for those rare times I'm gone for a few days without the critters. He can't remember to put the toilet seat and lid down. He leaves trash laying around
Your petsitter does that???? I hired a petsitter that did that and more, and I found a new one ASAP. I didn't appreciate coming home from trips to a nasty house when I was paying $30 a day. More for holidays.

Toilet lid & seat down are a rule around here. The thought of kitty paws in the toilet grosses me out. No matter how clean it's kept.

tobyt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Toilet seat up! Toilet Seat down! Make up your minds! from a logical stand point, men are very capable of lifting or putting down the seat as needed...we men wonder why women can't seem to do this simple feat...and i'm not believing for one second that the 2am "i gotta go pee really bad and can't see the seat because i don't want to turn on the light and wake anyone else up" jive either. Lift or put the seat down ladies...its not that difficult to do...it takes less time to do this than pullin down yer skivvies.

As for the whiskers...i don't do that...i hate hair in the sink...so :p...crumbs...i'll admit i'm guilty...as to why...who knows...it just is what it is. As for the dishes, just happy we put them close to the sink in the first place, can't speak for other guys...but usually when i spontaneously do the dishes...not because i know i have to because it needs to be done...its usually cause something's got us tick'd off to the point we have to do something instead of going ape and destroying stuff. Not always the case there, but sometimes it is...other times is that we want to please our significant others. So...when we do the dishes...don't question...just let us finish. And be satisfied that you don't have to do them.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my DH is home all day while I am working, he keeps the bathroom, kitchen clean and does the dishes. I will leave him a list of "chores" occasionally too. I feel that since he doesn't work, he can keep the apartment picked up and tidy. He yells at me when I leave something out!
He is also the pooper scooper of the litterbox. He scoops several times a day. The girls like a clean box and will hold it until he scoops it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know what's funny? I posted earlier that my DH doesn't notice dirt until there's enough to sustain agriculture. I hired a woman to clean my house today because I haven't been able to do it for the last month due to hand surgery.

He walks into the house about an hour before she finishes, came back outside and told me the house looked remarkable and I should hire her more often. And I need to tip her well.

So for a man who doesn't notice dirt, he sure as heck noticed clean!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very capable and trainable. The good ones, that is