Nervous about spinal tap

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is really stupid. I'm seriously nervous and scared about the spinal tap tomorrow - MUCH more nervous and scared than I was when I had real surgery! Logically I know it will be fine, but I think it's because of the possible ramifications of the outcome of this procedure. I knew that the surgery had a 99% chance of correcting my wrist issues. This could just be the beginning of a lifelong journey depending on the results (I'm being tested for MS).

I know how well TCS vibes work. I've seen the miracles firsthand (could probably name quite a few felines that I know were miracles with help from TCS!).

Whatever comes from the test is either there or it's not, and there's not much that can be done about that. And even if it is MS, it can likely be treated and not debilitating. But could I just get some calming vibes so I don't have a nervous breakdown between now and 1:00 tomorrow when I have the procedure done?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've been given good advice already, and hopefully you have no side effects.

I was reading a thread on another forum yesterday. One of the members there has late stage lyme disease and was talking about how she and a friend had both originally been misdiagnosed with MS. I thought about you and wondered if that has been throughly checked and ruled out -I think latter stage is harder to detect?

Either way I hope you can get answer soon.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many, many for tomorrow, Heidi. There's a lovely labyrinth right outside my window, and at 1pm MDT I will be on it -- rain or shine -- focussing every positive thought I have in your direction. Meanwhile, an advance pack of to help you not stress out too much while you wait.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the exam and tests tomorrow. I have a SIL who is 53 and was diagnosed with MS I bet 10 years ago and no symptoms yet. And a client who is 60-ish with MS she walks with cane for balance reasons but otherwise is doing very well.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending you the most powerful that I can muster up!!

Have you ever taken any relaxation or meditation classes (like Hatha Yoga)? I used them for a biopsy surgery one time and kept my blood pressure down to 112/62 while they were cutting away for an hour. If you know anything at all, use it right now to get you thru this!!

At 1PM mountain time tomorrow, I'll give my Koko big scritches to send out to you through your Mojo. In times like these, it's always good to get your Mojo working!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending you SOOOOOOOOO many good thoughts right now!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you many mega and a suggestion to go get in your favorite comfy chair or couch, put on a great comedy (or favorite genre film) and smother yourself with a couple of cats...I truly find a purring cat relaxes me

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending sparkles of golden light to swirl ever-so-slowly around you throughout the procedure, keeping you calm and safe...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Heidi, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Plus you'll be getting a little something in the mail sometime from me.

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know you are nervous and dreading tomorrow, but someone once told me that I was wasting valuale time by worrying it away and that I should appreciate every minute now. My worrying wasn't going to alter the outcome. I guess what I'm trying to say is, worrying won't change a thing and there is plenty of time to worry when it's closer to the time of your test. Easy for me to say, huh? I understand.

I will be sending a little prayer up for you tonight. Please keep us posted on the results if you care to share.

Hugs.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

This is really stupid. I'm seriously nervous and scared about the spinal tap tomorrow -
hmm No its not stupid. i was also

the more you stress over it, the worse your mind will make it. Things will be just fine.

go play with kitty , or clean a gun or 2

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you ask them for some Valium before you go in just to calm you down a bit?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, you're in my thoughts! sending all the vibes that it all goes well and to calm you down a little bit