kinda down

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well....
one of my co-workers who i've worked with for several years now...
apparently passed away on the weekend. He lives alone with 2 cats ..
he was 50...

they think he passed away on saturday evening sometime ..he ordered pizza..had some of it..but...since he lives alone and he had monday off work...
no one really knows how or when he passed away other then it was after saturday...
and his 2 cats are missing...but there was a window open...
so...
either he lets them out...or they jumped out the window...

he hasn't been feeling well for awhile but refused to go to a dr...
probably because he knew it was going to be bad...he was a fairly heavy smoker/drinker.

his ride to work found him tuesday morning...
and we were still shocked yesterday...

I dont' think the autopsy has been done yet....

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow....just 50...thats waaaay too young.

I wonder since he's a smoker/drinker, if it was heart related, maybe a heart attack or stroke?

Anyway, my condolences...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 isn't very old at all. Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully they can find the cats.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about that. This happened with my Cousin in 1989. He didnt show up for work and the Garbage was not put out. They found him dead in Bed. He was only i his 40's. The Diabetes caused it. Sounds like heart attack with your co worker.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no
So sorry to hear about your co-worker...
Hope that the cats will be found & hope they are going to be okay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks ...
once the shock passes over....it will be better...hopefully his family is going to have a memorial so we can go...but he was estranged from his family..so...
not sure if they are going to bother.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that's just really sad all around, isn't it?
to you. I hope the kitties turn up and are provided for.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's sad, but unfortunately happens all the time. We recently had a 38-year-old neighbor found dead, and the autopsy didn't reveal any cause of death. Sudden death is shocking, but often much, much better than a long drawn-out illness with a lot of physical suffering.

I hope the cats turn up.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It is such a shock when someone that young dies suddenly. My FIL died from a massive heart attack. My MIL found him on a Sunday morning. We were just talking Saturday night and DH and I had plans to go to their house for dinner on Sunday. He also had just gotten me the job I had now, and was supposed to be my trainer on Monday. It was such a shock for everyone.

If his family doesn't have a memorial service, maybe you and the rest of his co-workers can do something to remember him. I do hope his kitties show up. Is anyone keeping an eye out for them to see if they show up at his house?

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my, that is so sad. I worry what will happen to my babies if I should die unprepared. I did put them in my will, my best friend is to take them and either keep them or find them good homes. My attorney said that is not unusual and lots of people plan for their pets.

Anyway, I digress. I am so sorry you are blue; it shows you are kind and sensitive.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trav and I have spoken about death in this case as we dont have a will yet, and well if I die he is going to take them. IF all came to worse he would give them to my parents.

I amsorry to hear such news

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It is such a shock when someone that young dies suddenly. My FIL died from a massive heart attack. My MIL found him on a Sunday morning. We were just talking Saturday night and DH and I had plans to go to their house for dinner on Sunday. He also had just gotten me the job I had now, and was supposed to be my trainer on Monday. It was such a shock for everyone.

If his family doesn't have a memorial service, maybe you and the rest of his co-workers can do something to remember him. I do hope his kitties show up. Is anyone keeping an eye out for them to see if they show up at his house?
yes..I believe the lady who was his ride to work is...
and I know he had a will where he left money to the humane society...
I believe they did find one of them..not sure on the other one just yet