Finally get to enjoy Switzerland!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mostly finished my assignment today so we went out with a bunch of DHs colleagues tonight. We went to a Brazilian restaurant - one of the ones that serves lots of meat on sticks, and we drank many caipirinhas. The first was super strong, then after that they must have put less alcohol in

And last night we went to a FABULOUS fondue restaurant. So last night we overdosed on cheese, tonight on meat, and tomorrow I get to sightsee! Yay!

The week is already getting better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Holy dooley these were strong. Made the trip home more fun though - and because it was mostly work people, they expensed it! Woohoo!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

We went to a Brazilian restaurant - one of the ones that serves lots of meat on sticks............
We have on one of those restaurants here in Toronto. I think it's called Carnaval Brazilian Grill or something like that. I still have to try it.

You're so lucky to be visiting all these wonderful places!!! I really miss travelling, never enough time or money.

I went to Switzerland right after university and we went to Interlaken, then up the Jungfraubahn cog railway and visited an Ice Palace at the top. Really neat! I remember being at the railway station waiting for the train and a goat came charging at me! I've never had that happen before, but it sure beat panhandlers.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh take lots of Switzerland pictures for my mom, please! She's always wanted to go there.

We have one of those Brazilian places here, too, and I took my father there a couple of years ago. I didn't expect to find anything I could eat, of course, being a vegetarian -- but when I explained myself to the waiter and asked for some tea, he just wouldn't let me go hungry!
I ended up with a basket of tiny, yeasty rolls and a plate loaded with chunks of Grana Padano cheese and little champagne grapes. One of the best meals I've ever had!