Question Of The Day - Wednesday, May 28th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! With the holiday, a vacation day, and my regular day off, I've had a nice l-o-n-g weekend (I almost forgot it was Wednesday!!!
)

When you go shopping, are you an impulse buyer, or do you take a list and stick to it?

I make a list and stick to it pretty well. If I see something that catches my eye, and I can rationalize it to myself, I usually pick it up too! So my answer is...a little of both!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if its grocery shopping I make a list but then I will see items that I forgot to have on the list and pick them up. Of course if Neil is with me shopping the impulse buys go way down.

Plant shopping-well I try to contain myself esp as most of my gardens are pretty full and I have no intentions of starting another one!!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a list with me. It depends on how I feel. If I am really tired, I stick to the list but if I am feeling fine then I will buy extra things if something either reminds me I need something else or something just looks good.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wander around and see what I see
I always end up buying waaay too much, so maybe I should start carrying a list

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do both! I have a list and always get everything on that list. I also wander around looking for anything I might have left off the list.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on what kind of shopping it is. In the grocery store I like to make a list and stick to it. If we don't Matt could spend hours deciding what to get... yes, hours! We once spent half an hour looking at frozen french fries and ended up not even buying any!

If it's cloths shopping or other stuff I go with an idea of what I want but not a list per say.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually make a list of groceries that we need to buy but along the way we see food that looks pretty tasty so we end up buying it
So both for us!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

We usually make a list of groceries that we need to buy but along the way we see food that looks pretty tasty so we end up buying it
So both for us!
...same feelings here...
......BTW...you must to guess what on the top the list of Groceries, right???????

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a list and pretty much stick to it. Although, if there is something that is on sale and it's something I can use, I will buy it.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I generally make a list and stick to it. Especially with the current economy as money is tight. Whenever I get distracted and want to buy something on impulse, my husband always teasingly tells me to "focus." That is, unless it is something that he wants as well. Haha!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love shopping, its like a sport to me and I never take a list, its all about the moment

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery shopping - I make a list and then usu. forget to bring it!!

(I blame my middle-aged brain for that!)

I can't go into Costco for just a thing or two - usually spend waaaay too much!

But with the economy the way it is, I have vowed that there will be less food waste in the house going forward. It is too expensive to do that.

Impulse shopping can be a problem with me, but I tend to agonize more than purchase impulsively.... especially with money so tight right now.

Hard for me to pass up a bargain!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my grocery list (and several others) with me all the time on my PDA. I'm pretty good at sticking to it, though I do second guess myself sometimes and pick up something I'm "sure" I need and just forgot to reactivate on the list, only to find that I have three of them.
And I do make impulse purchases, but not a lot.