Mixed Siamese Cat??

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have several kitties. I love exotic looking ones. Yesterday at our city kennal, I saw a beautiful siamese mix. She was in a filty tiny room with a large dog and a tiny kitten (taking kitten to humane society to be fixed up and adopted out) with no ventilation.
I brought her home and put her in a large cage until she calmed down and i gave her a good once over.
She is very vocal and loud....I heard siamese cats are mean!
Could anyone tell me a little about siamese. I am gonna take a pic and include with this post. I want to try to give her a home, but she has to get along here. She will let me pet her and be real lovable, then hiss and scratch...I know its gonna take a while for her to get use to the house and her new family. I want to see if she is spaded...she had to be someones kitty.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture382.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture383.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture385.jpg

She did not want to cooperate...but I think there ok pics.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

She is NOT siamese?
w/o papers, she's just a pointed DSH - but a beautiful one! i can see why you were drawn to her.
i have a calico that's very oriental in body build, facial shape, etc. - but quite a silent cat. i'm glad she didn't get that part, to be honest.
i don't think Siamese are any meaner [as a breed] than any cat... i'm sure there are mean ones, just like there are of most any species on the planet.
congrats on your new girl - got a name, yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No I have not thought about anything fitting for her yet. She is checking the house out,
Gonna give her some time and see if she fits in... She is so pretty !!
Lots of hissing going on. She seems like a fighter...llittle bit of a wild streak.
She is not afraid of dogs at all (I have 2 )

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a Seal Point Siamese and she was a very nice Cat. My Coco you cant tell is Siamese but her Mom was a Seal Point Purebred. i got her because everyone took teh Siamese looking ones. She can be loud but is one of the nicest Cats we ever had. My Brothers Siamese was sscared of people. It depends on the Cat.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Siamese are not mean cats! That is a total myth. They are very intelligent cats that require a lot of stimulation, and like most cats need a lot of time to adjust to new surroundings. They can be of the most fun cats to have though, easy to train on things like a harness, have really fun personalities and will carry on conversations which is my favourite part. By her looks she may be full siamese or atleast half.

The scratching and hissing is probably her being freaked out at all the changes, a lot of siamse (all cats probably) need stability and routine to be truly comfortable and happy,

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your input....she is back into her cage for the night...she seems stressed out. I do not want her to get sick.
Post better pictures of her face later on....her face looks like a torte
Thanks

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just curious why you would take a cat (exotic looking or not) who you believed was going to be mean? What were you planning on doing with her in that case? Obviously she has had SOME Siamese in the mix somewhere along the way, but it could be very small amongst whatever else is in there. When someone says they have a 'Siamese' or any other purebred type of cat, even if it looks exactly like that one, the society, or association that formally registers cat breeds will not acknowledge that the cat is Siamese unless registration papers from a breeder saying how pure the breed is are submitted to the association, which is why your cat may look (and even be) 99% Siamese (or some other breed), but without registration papers, is considered to be just a cat!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looked pretty relaxed in that second picture! That's a good sign. I too, recently rescued a cat who has Siamese in her. She's a spunky thing but sweet. She's healed up and ready to get her own home! Anyway, I think some people think Siamese cats are mean because of the sound of their voice. They seem to be angry when they're just chatting.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice tortie point siamese mix. I've never met a "mean" siamese. Some have a little attitude, but in general they are people oriented, talkative and active cats. It will take time for adjustment. I'm sure in a few months she will be fine

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

I'm just curious why you would take a cat (exotic looking or not) who you believed was going to be mean? What were you planning on doing with her in that case? Obviously she has had SOME Siamese in the mix somewhere along the way, but it could be very small amongst whatever else is in there. When someone says they have a 'Siamese' or any other purebred type of cat, even if it looks exactly like that one, the society, or association that formally registers cat breeds will not acknowledge that the cat is Siamese unless registration papers from a breeder saying how pure the breed is are submitted to the association, which is why your cat may look (and even be) 99% Siamese (or some other breed), but without registration papers, is considered to be just a cat!
I believe (by reading the original post) that this person took this cat from a bad environment in order to find it a home. She also took the kitten in order to re-home it.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently adpoted two Siamese/Calico mix sisters. They are the sweetest cats and I have to be on my toes with them. Unlike my Maine Coon mix boys they're always trying to sneak out the door or beat me into the bathroom. One of them came trained to walk on a leash. They are, as mentioned, very talkative. And feisty - they have no problem taking on the boys if necessary despite being half their size!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I love animals..especially kitties ...The enviroment was disgusting..a room the size of a large closet..no windows ..it is suppose to house these animals only for a short time ..the humane officer(what a joke) does not
take care of these animals. I find out what is going on when my son takes over for a holiday weekend. My son cleans the kennal, walks the dogs which is about 75 pounds and in a cage barely big enough for him to turn around. These cats were running lose in there own filth. The kitten is so traumatized that the humane society asked me to keep him for a little while , because it is kitty season and he needs one onone attention.
As far as the siamese cat being mean, I have had bigger challenges, I think she will calm down once she feels less threatened and more at home. Those cats would have died in there. I rescued 6 kittens last year that were starving to death...kept two and got the other 4 adopted. If I cannot keep her i will find her a good home..I will never just dump her.
Thats the type of person i am..each one of my babies are rescues one way or another. I am moving soon and i am putting mony aside to build a small
area for these kitties that are abandoned,neglected or abused. My dream is to build a sanctuary for the unattractive, old, non wanted cats that otherwise would be put to death. So mean or not I cannot turn one away..hopefully with some love and understanding she will come around. I have all the patience in the world...we will never know what trauma she endured. Hope you understand now! I care less if she is mixed..pure breed or part monkey..lol I was just curious cuz siamese kitties get a bad rap sometimes and I wanted input on the subject.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How wonderful of you to save this kitty from that miserable environment! You sound like like a real animal lover which is awesome.

I also have a dog and (lots of) cats. I just took 2 more cats in last week and I was worried about all the cat drama in the house. After a week of hissing and weird cat noises, my new additions are now all getting along!! I spoke with the president of the rescue group I am fostering for and she told me that it takes cats about 2 weeks to adjust to a new environment/new cats.

You are an angel for caring about all these homeless animals. I hope your girl works things out with your other pets. She is very beautiful.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I completely understand her original motivation, but at the same time she made it sound like she was looking forward to a good scrap, and it worried me.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seal Tortie Point Siamese

She definitely does look like a Siamese mix! The link is a Seal Tortie Point Siamese that I picked up off of Google images, and your girl definitely looks like a tortie point Siamese! Your girl is an Applehead or traditional Siamese (or mix) though, without the oriental body/face.

Is she a talker? I have read that many Siamese cats are very talkative.

Thanks for rescuing her!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh I completely understand her original motivation, but at the same time she made it sound like she was looking forward to a good scrap, and it worried me.
Are you saying I was looking forward to a fight? That could not be how u interpeted what i wrote...NEVER... I was worried that she had a mean streak, my other kitties are all so loveable, I did not want them to get hurt. She is getting better each day. Who knows what kind of life she had..maybe all she knew was violence...with alot of love and tenderness I think she will come around. My kitties are all lovers not fighters!!!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

Seal Tortie Point Siamese

She definitely does look like a Siamese mix! The link is a Seal Tortie Point Siamese that I picked up off of Google images, and your girl definitely looks like a tortie point Siamese! Your girl is an Applehead or traditional Siamese (or mix) though, without the oriental body/face.

Is she a talker? I have read that many Siamese cats are very talkative.

Thanks for rescuing her!
YES!! she is a talker...a long meow and then alot of jibber jabber..
She is comming around better and better each day..This morning she ate with all the other kitties. Everyone is a little on edge, but we give each one special lovin" everyday..!! Thanks for the info

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Siamese are not mean. They are very people oriented and like to be the centre of attention, and are usually quite cuddly and confident. Some have quite dominant personalities, but also mostly enjoy and benefit from the company of other cats and dogs, as long as everyone else realises that they are in charge

Of course just like any other cat they can become mean if neglected or abused, or if they aren't used to human company and fearful they could lash out in fear just like any other feral. They are quite sensitive and intelligent cats and need to be kept busy and entertained
And very loud LOL