*****KatKwiz! - May 27 - Missed a day?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: All three secret words were used. glitch used allow, monaxlisa used seeds and MuleNag used fun. 700 points to each. AND apparantly I missed a day. Blame it on to the cats (and my drugs). So, a real easy KatKwiz question, and then five secret words for the KatKwery (later).

Described right here on TCS is the thing that strikes fear in cats. It sure did strike fear in Persi's heart not too long ago. It is known as the
DCC, (d_______ c_____________ c_______________.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery: All three secret words were used. glitch used allow, monaxlisa used seeds and MuleNag used fun. 700 points to each. AND apparantly I missed a day. Blame it on to the cats (and my drugs). So, a real easy KatKwiz question, and then five secret words for the KatKwery (later).

Described right here on TCS is the thing that strikes fear in cats. It sure did strike fear in Persi's heart not too long ago. It is known as the
OK, I'm going to take a guess and say Dallas City Code. That's why Persi had to be quarentined after biting you.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Obviously the dreaded cat carrier! We've had the problem, too. Sometimes it has been easier to get the cat into the vet's office in our arms than in a carrier.

First, you have to figure out how to stuff the cat into the carrier. Cat treats? Hairball medicine? Tuna fish? No luck. And it doesn't help that we had a 20-lb cat and a 10-lb cat carrier.

So, once we got him inside, he started doing his mad mountain lion act. He scared everyone when we came in the door. Then, after taking him in the vet's office, he got even worse. And this was when he had tranquilizers! The people in the waiting room thought the vet was killing him. Of course, he thought the vet was killing him, too.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Obviously the dreaded cat carrier! We've had the problem, too. Sometimes it has been easier to get the cat into the vet's office in our arms than in a carrier.

First, you have to figure out how to stuff the cat into the carrier. Cat treats? Hairball medicine? Tuna fish? No luck. And it doesn't help that we had a 20-lb cat and a 10-lb cat carrier.

So, once we got him inside, he started doing his mad mountain lion act. He scared everyone when we came in the door. Then, after taking him in the vet's office, he got even worse. And this was when he had tranquilizers! The people in the waiting room thought the vet was killing him. Of course, he thought the vet was killing him, too.
DUH, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it... domestic cat confinement?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm...DCC.... Da Cat Cops?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thank you!!

Today's guesses are too funny!!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dallas County animal Control

I have like 30 other made up things in my head, dallas cat control and few others damn cat carrier stuff like that! So Ill go with the first one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Obviously the dreaded cat carrier!
What else? Go to the Cat Care button above, click on it, and then select Beware - the Dreaded Cat Carrier! Lots of funny answers here but only one described right here on The Cat Site. http://www.thecatsite.com/Care/37/Be...t-Carrier.html 2000 points headed for the radio antennas!

KatKwery: FIVE secret words worth 700 points each!

What do your cats do when they see you carrying the carrier, heading in their direction? Do your cats actually ever sleep in the carrier? Do they ever hide toys in their carrier? Are your cats actually afraid to be near the carrier? Do your cats have their own private carrier?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What do your cats do when they see you carrying the carrier, heading in their direction? Do your cats actually ever sleep in the carrier? Do they ever hide toys in their carrier? Are your cats actually afraid to be near the carrier? Do your cats have their own private carrier?
Good job!

Usually, when they see me carrying the carrier out from the other bedroom, they either run or come to investigate. I leave them in the other bedroom, that way they can sleep in them if they want to, and they won't be afraid if I ever need to get them in there quick. They usually do sleep in them, but they never hide toys in them. I don't think they're really ever afraid to be in them, they just know they're going to the vets and they don't like it. They each have they're own carrier. They are both soft-sided, because they're easy for me to carry if I have to bring both of them somewhere at the same time. Namine's is wicked cute; it's pink with black bows on it. And Kairi is a plain black leather one that we acquired from my boyfriend's aunt. They usually sleep in the black one though, because it has a blanket in it.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie isn't bothered by me putting him in the carrier. It's just when I close the top up then he starts howling. I think it's because he can't see whats going on. The carrier is cardboard with holes in it so Popsie really can't see what's outside the carrier. I always put a blanket in there for him though. Or something with my scent on it for comfort. I don't think it does much good.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the points
EEK! Im going to be soo nervous if I stay in the running for one of the teams for the superbowl thingy.

What do your cats do when they see you carrying the carrier, heading in their direction?
They dont really care, they havent had too many experiences with the DCC.

Do your cats actually ever sleep in the carrier?
Yes, when I was prepping to move from WA to ME I set out carriers around the house so they would get used to them. Chester in particular liked to sleep in them...theyre all in the basement now, maybe I should put one out for him!
Do they ever hide toys in their carrier?
No they never have.

Are your cats actually afraid to be near the carrier?
No, they seem pretty mellow about it.

Do your cats have their own private carrier?
Yup, six cats six carriers, I had one cat per carrier when I moved.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Java occasionally sleeps/lays in the carriers [which are always out!]. Pixel is old enough [& smart enough] to know what it means when the carrier is set onto the bed, but none of the others have caught on as yet. i have a carrier per cat [just in case!] but i tend to use only one of them, since i rarely take more than one to the vet at a time [thank goodness!].
Chip has been in the carrier 3 times... twice he's pooped in it
not sure if he's expressing his personal opinion of the carrier/vet, or if my timing is just off!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Curiosity gets the best of my cats!! They all go in and check it out. It's when I shut the door that they get nervous.
They don't have a a private carrier, but we do have multiple carriers/crates. I have a BIG dog so she went through various crates as she was growing.
Speaking of the dog crate...my dog was naughty recently so I had to set up her crate for a little refresher course on house manners...well the cats are LOVING it!
When I am home the crate's door is open and they all seem to enjoy taking naps in there! There is a very thin crate pad in there so I am surprised they choose the crate over the plush couches!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin and Sterling are actually pretty laid-back about the carrier, although Sterling doesn't have much use for the vet.

Punkin used to sleep in the carrier, when we had it just riding on the upper bunk in our truck. Just a safe place, I guess.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only have two or three carriers...the one that Lesley shipped Smudge to me in is now WAY too small for anyone but maybe Nadette! I don't think Smudge could even fit into it! We have also a fairly large one that my hubby used to ship his kitty out to himself in college, and it's been quite reliable. If we had an emergency, we have a birthing-type cage and a big dog kennel that the cats could also be transported in.

I would say the cats (except maybe Elsa) all are pretty curious about the carrier. They want to go into it, and Smudge takes toys into boxes, so I imagine that he would take a toy into a carrier!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
welcme back lee,
glad your safe and well now

What do your cats do when they see you carrying the carrier, heading in their direction?
If Beau,George or Gina run off and if you try too pick them up they turn stiff and hold on too the nearest object for dear life

Misty and willow i havent had trouble with they just sit about in it...
i used too leave the soft box out for the cats but teaser seems too have figured the zips on them will open if she rubs them..
so we got her a plastic one.. she can loosen the peg on that... so cardboard box is the only way... she loves them though if i get them out shell lie in them

Do your cats actually ever sleep in the carrier?
Only teaser and Beau, Beau only goes near it if im not about it..
Do they ever hide toys in their carrier?
Teaser has hid her and the puppy in the box before... they went missing for 10-20 mins theyd knocked the entrance against the wall so i assumed they couldnt have got in,,....

Are your cats actually afraid to be near the carrier?
Only if i have just moved it.. they have wised up too the fact i try too trap them so it has too be about for a couple of hour

Do your cats have their own private carrier?
I used too but with 6 cats and a puppy many of them were chewed...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well mine normally freak out and know they're going to get their bits n pieces taken off! Okay no seriously they freak out! They hate it and you would think that Im trying to kill them getting them in there! Eek has his own personal carrying case, he puts his toys in there and he sleeps in there just for fun! I get the other one out and death be it to us all! They'll claw your eyes out and you'll be the one in need of dr attention by the time you get them to the vet! Afraid is the understatment of the year when it comes to kenneling, they dont want anything to do with it, unless theres a dog in there for them to agtaganize! Then they'll swat at it and pick on him! Poor lil guy, being 1/3 of their size he cant do anything about it! Once my cat actually get in the cat carrier they start to shed awfully and scream! Ya know the scream that sounds like <B> MOM</B> Yeah thats the one! If Im only taking one cat to the vet, screw the carrier all together Ill hold them it will be less tramatic on us all!