Cocos Inhaler is very Expensive!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got her Inhaler today and it was 249. Tomorrow we got to te Vet at 5:20. She will get a Urine Test to see if the infection is gone. The Vet will also show us how to use the Inhaler.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If her inhaler is a human med (sorry, I don't know what it is for from your post), you might be able to go to the company's website and get coupons off the price. Also, you could check and see if it comes in generic (if you haven't already
), and compare prices at pharmacies (include Walmart, Kmart, etc. in your price shopping
). Also, ask at your dr.'s next time you go and see if they have free samples or a coupon for a free product.

Good luck!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is a human med, there probably isn't any generic right now. They changed them all to CFC free ones, so there's only a few brands available.
All those with asthma are feeling the price gouge, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a Human Inhaler. I did compare prices. I have two Asthma Inhaler I take but they are not the same as what the Vet gave Coco. I only pay 20 for mine at Kaiser.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, tell the vet how much the prescription costs (I've discovered that often times vets and -people doctors- are a bit oblivious when it comes to medication costs
), and ask if there are any alternatives that you could check out, to see if they are any cheaper

I think* there are some Albuterol generic inhalers out (neither of mine come in generic for nebulizers or inhalers, so I don't know for sure). These would probably be the ones that haven't switched over to an HFA inhaler yet. From what I've read, this December is when they all have to be CDC (?) free...hopefully, the generics will be out soon!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Albuterol changed to the other kind already. Its called Pro Air Hfa. Its a Generic I only pay 20 for it at Kaiser. The Vet did tell me Cocos Inhaler would be over 200. I will get the other part at the Vets tonight. She told me it would be 40. I was in the Cat Asthma Group on Yahoo and they said I can order it from Canada and pay 75. My Qvar hasnt switched to the other thing yet.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

My Albuterol changed to the other kind already. Its called Pro Air Hfa. Its a Generic I only pay 20 for it at Kaiser. The Vet did tell me Cocos Inhaler would be over 200. I will get the other part at the Vets tonight. She told me it would be 40. I was in the Cat Asthma Group on Yahoo and they said I can order it from Canada and pay 75. My Qvar hasnt switched to the other thing yet.
A lot of US folks get their drugs from Canada now.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, durn- at least she warned you!
My last ordered prescription for my cat came as a bit of a shock!
If you could get it for $75, that would be great
! Good luck!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to my Vet today. Sh said I can get it from Canada and she will help me anyway she can. She did not charge for the visit either.