The summer of my discontent

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't bicker with my hubby about money, his friends, what to watch on tv, or even who gets the remote. When late spring/summer hits I know I can look forward to four months of bickering and arguing....

Him: I'm sweating buckets
Me: Look at me, it is summer, and I am wearing my heavy fleece pajamas
Him: How can you be cold? I am burning up?
Me: It is so cold in here, I have goose bumps...please turn the air off...

This goes on all summer...why couldn't I marry someone who is closer to my same temperature?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opposite way around here. Want to trade spouses?

Did you know that vets have recognized a problem in indoor cats? They call it "seasonal reversal." What happens is that people tend to turn up the heat in the winter time, and turn down the A/C in the summer, so it's actually colder in the house in the summer than it is in the winter. This causes the cats' systems to think summer is winter, and winter is summer.

Tell your husband to take off some more clothes, drink more water and less beer, and turn on a fan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last summer, we kept the house at 74 degrees, After bickering with him last night, I got him to turn it up to 77 degrees. We have ceiling fans in every room but the moving air makes me colder. He throws all the blankets off the bed and I keep them (with the comforter) pulled up to my chin.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I know it will be the same way with Josh when we live together! He is always so hot, and I am freezing!

I really don't know how its going to work

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep it so cold in my house during the summer that the cats never lose their winter coats, lol! I'd love to trade with you. I'm always so darn hot!!! When I finally go through menopause, I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the opposite too. I can be in a tank top and shorts and Neil will have on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. But when he is working in his shop that building stays much cooler (until probably July) and I am outside working. We don't have A/C so we both will complain equally about the temps in the summer.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies, if you're cold and your husband gives you the line, "You can put on more than I can take off," just mention that he'll never see you in anything less than a flannel nightgown if he continues to keep it that cold.
That might help you out a bit.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo
...When I finally go through menopause, I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ha! That's my line, I've used it for years!
I am going through that right now and I am always freezing. I haven't had the hot flashes yet. But yesterday, I was freezing and DH wanted to put the air on! It was only in the 60's yesterday!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get cold really easily and it seems like everyone here likes putting the air on a really cold temperature, and I'm always freezing when I'm in the house.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I keep it so cold in my house during the summer that the cats never lose their winter coats, lol! I'd love to trade with you. I'm always so darn hot!!! When I finally go through menopause, I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!
im the same way! SO thinks its FREEZIN, and im DYIN of heat!,lol

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exactly like me!! It can be 80* outside and I'm wrapped up in 3 blankets, shivering. Rob is kicking covers off the bed and I'm trying to put them around me.