found something on TV i could not watch.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
watching the DVR here at work, I had taped the
National Geographic show Taboo, it was on body modification.

the first one they talked about was tooth-filing!!!! I could not watch that, had to fast forward past it. I have watched operation on TV , open heart, brain, etc, but i could not watch that file someones teeth into sharp points...

plus a women with shark looking tooth, would make me jumpy.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand seeing that type of stuff. I've seen some pics on some wierd internet sites that leave me shaking my head asking myself why a person would do that to his/herself. Since this is a family friendly site I won't go into any details.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That wouldn't bother me. However even though I have seen many things in my job as a nurse, I cannot watch facial plastic surgery. There is just something about the skin on someone's face being lifted off that just grosses me out completely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i watched a opertion on the skull of baby, where the plates in the skull had already fused shut. to they peeled the skin right over the face, how they punched some new holes.. did not bother me.

waching how someone takes a hammer, chisel, and metal file to some one teeth?? no way could not watch it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I can't stand seeing that type of stuff. I've seen some pics on some wierd internet sites that leave me shaking my head asking myself why a person would do that to his/herself. Since this is a family friendly site I won't go into any details.
yea, i used to look at a couple of those sites and just shake my head.

i have a couple of tattoos that is my limit.
i wont even get the eye operation so i dont need glasses. no way , no how, no one is sticking a knife or laser into my eye.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of the things certain people do to certain parts on certain modification sites is INSANE. Ughhhh I cant imagine what drives people to do that!! I could watch tooth filing, no problem. Even people sticking hooks in their backs and swinging (suspension). I have 14 piercings and 5 tattoos myself - but those are about as far into "body modification" that I go. Nothing more serious or crazy than that!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i watched a opertion on the skull of baby, where the plates in the skull had already fused shut. to they peeled the skin right over the face, how they punched some new holes.. did not bother me.

waching how someone takes a hammer, chisel, and metal file to some one teeth?? no way could not watch it.
Wait, did someone actually want to have their teeth filed into vampire teeth?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Wait, did someone actually want to have their teeth filed into vampire teeth?
that also, was talked about.
but this was village people in the jungle.
tools where a wood block, hammer, chisel and a metal file.
since i am at work, i cant find a good pic.

but the front teeth are made into like shark teeth.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the nerves in my teeth are jumping right now just THINKING about it!! Did they give them ANYTHING to stop the pain? Now, I know you can file teeth without touching the nerve, but...ewwwwww! Just the thought....ewwww...!

Now, about body modification. I don't mind tattooes, and a few piercings I can deal with. But, I work on a government contract, and the callers we deal with don't see us, but....we have one guy that pierced his ears and had rings up in the holes to stretch them to stretch them. I honestly didn't want to look at them because it made MY ears hurt, but I couldn't look away! The holes are now about the size of quarters. He also has his eyebrows pierced (twice), his nose pierced, and his lip. I don't even what to know what else he has pierced! Then, a few months ago, he came in with electric blue hair.

What cracks me us is when the "suits" come in from the corporate offices, we have to wear "professional dress". So here is this guy, with holes in his ears and electric blue hair....in a dress shirt and dress pants! And, we can't wear hats at work, even the guys can't wear baseball caps. Capris that the women wear have to be a certain length. It just amazes me sometimes.

I mean, he's a really nice guy and I'm all for self expression, but I was worried about not being hired because the pants I had on for my interview had cat hair on them!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, the nerves in my teeth are jumping right now just THINKING about it!! Did they give them ANYTHING to stop the pain? Now, I know you can file teeth without touching the nerve, but...ewwwwww! Just the thought....ewwww...!
yea, a green bannana, i dont knwo what good that would do

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

However even though I have seen many things in my job as a nurse, I cannot watch facial plastic surgery. There is just something about the skin on someone's face being lifted off that just grosses me out completely.
Really? I wonder why.

Tricia

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some really strange friends so I am used to seeing this all up close and personal.

I have 1 friend with purple hair and the large holes in her ears, a nose ring and a brow piercing. Another friend is pierced anywhere you can put a piercing. Eyebrow, lip, chin, he has a chain that laces its way up thru the numerous holes in his ear. His has his nose pierced between his eyes. Both nipples are pierced. His final piercing is only seen by someone being intimate with him.

Unfortunately, even tho they are both extremely intelligent people, neither have gotten jobs in the corporate world because of the way they look. He has a degree in chemistry. She graduated college with high honors. She was actually told by a head-hunter to loose the nose ring and dye her hair before she went on a few interviews. She didn't, and didn't get the positions.