Question for the guys

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just curious if you let other people see you tear up or cry. Do you try to play it off by saying " I got something in my eye" or something like that. My DH doesn't care if other people see him cry. But you know there's guys out there that act all hard and are scared to show people they are human.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My DH doesn't cry in public usually, but if he were to cry, he wouldn't hide it. Heck, I don't hide it myself. My boss is used to my crying fits
.... especially before my lay-off with my old job.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Real men don't cry!!!
at least not where someone can see them

globalspot28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The last time I cried was in the 6th grade. I've never cried since then. When I feel it coming on, I stop myself immediately... change the topic, go outside, whatever it takes.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm not a guy, but I'm going to answer.

If I'm sad or happy and find myself crying, I don't hide it. Why? It's an emotion. We all have them....even the guys. And I prefer if a guy is not afraid to show his emotions either. It's NOT a sign of weakness. It's actually a sign of strength because it shows that they are comfortable with who they are and can accept that they aren't made of stone and that there is no reason to act like it.

Being able to show emotions is a very attractive quality in a man.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Being able to show emotions is a very attractive quality in a man.
it says in the male code of conduct book.
no crying allowed. Its listed as part of the plot to turn western men into half women

if one must cry, they must go to some place alone.
if unable to find that space, one must punch wall, drywall is best, followe by wood, bricks. the rest of the list gets worse...

also i would suggest not punching car windows.
*you may need to get your hand stitched back togther again,
* truck window, cost to much money to replace.
*err, not that i would know these things.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen my FH cry twice. Once was in Australia at his party. He started panicking about moving to Europe and leaving his family ect.

The other time was actually last week he just shed a tear about the baby

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nah, don't cry, usually. At least, I don't think my wife's ever seen it!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Real men don't cry!!!
at least not where someone can see them
But it's ok in front of wives & family!

In the almost 7 years I've know my hubby I've only seen him cry/tear up twice. The first time was after I took him back the last time... it was very emotional for us both. The second time was last year at his grandmother's funeral.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a guy but speaking about my Dh, I have only seen him truly cry once and that was when we lost Marbles last year. He explained that usually he puts his emotions in a "box" and puts it away till he can deal with it a little at a time. When Marbles had to be put to sleep it was such a shock that he did not have time to try to pack it away.
I will see him tear up during a sad movie but he will try to cover it up.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually I started crying this morning when I realized I had to go back to work...

Seriously, its allright to cry in certain situations- funerals, death of a pet, etc.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I have seen my BF cry is when - and rightly so- we had to put down his dear, beloved cat, Cato. He had that cat for almost 19 years!!

He doesn't cry at sad movies or anything like that...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is very endearing when a guy can show his emotions
I think I saw my ex cry a few times; when his uncle died, when his Grandma died, when our cat Jericho died. He even cried at our wedding, but not when we split though

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the Cry topic....

to be complete honest, I don´t cry...
I don´t why but when the hard moments are next to you, the mind fly so far away looking to find a solution about it...
...is like a internal mechanic that start when is coming the moment...

Of course when my cats dye ( when I was a teenager ) of course I cry, even now I can´t coincibe to live without Milky & Catu, but someday they and I will going to visit the bridge...

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to say this.

I don't cry. In public or private. But it has nothing to do with being 'macho'. I just don't feel an urge to cry. I get sad, extremely sad, but it doesn't prompt a crying response.

I don't know, maybe some men are just wired differently. It's not that I'm trying to hold it back, it's just not there.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I can honestly say with hand on heart, I shed a few tears when we lost Amber. I will tear up a bit ( not all the time) if I see something emotional on tv, for instance somebody doing something good in return for someone, say a child who has had a real bad life, or maybe something nice for someone who has cared for others and not recieved anything in return. No I dont consider myself a girl. a lot of men put on a front, when you are happy you show it, so why not when you feel sad? If you ask me its when you bottle up emotions, you start to put your brain and body under pressure, its the same as talking if you have a problem. Get it out in the open get it sorted and move on

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever seen DH cry in front of me since we've been together. And it's only been a few times. Once, when Tigger died. Another time when his dog of 15 years died and then his ex came harrassing him trying to say her kid was his that same day (although we were together before she even got preggers). And a couple other times when we'd get into a fight about something and we'd both end up crying!

He did hold in the tears when we went to pick up Tigger's carrier from the vet after she died. But once we were in the car together, he lost it. I dont think I've even seen him cry in front of his parents or family in the last 3+ years. He's not a big crier really.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few times. One was at the funeral of an Uncle who I was very close to, the funeral of a cousin I was close to and when I had to put Midnight to sleep after her long fight with CRF. The latter lasted for days.