Juno needs vibes please

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About an hour ago, Juno had a seizure. She came out of it quickly, but it scared her a lot. She won't let me out of her sight now. We'll be going to the vet in the morning. I've had a dog with epilepsy before so this isn't really new to me but it is really scary. Any vibes for her would be greatly appreciated!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of and
for little Juno!!

Here's hoping it was something small and that she'll get over easily. I've never had a dog with epilepsy, but I did have a chinchilla with it. It's not easy to deal with.

Lots and lots prayers that Juno is ok!! Update us with what happens at the vet's tomorrow!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vibes for little Juno! Let us know what the vet says. She will be in my thoughts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much. She seems like she's completely out of it now, playing and acting completely normal. She was chasing the kitty a little while ago. We'll be at the vet early, and I'll post as soon as I get back with an update.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

We're back from the vet. He said she doesn't appear to have suffered any effects from it and he couldn't find anything that could have caused it. I know she couldn't have gotten into anything toxic, she's never unsupervised. The vet said it could just be a one time thing and it may never happen again... or she could have epilepsy. He doesn't want to start her on any medications for anything right now.

Basically, he said just keep a close eye on her (which we do anyway). Write down last nights seizure and everything I can remember about it... time of day, events leading up to it, length of the seizure, how long it took her to come out of it, etc. He said if she has anymore to write down the info on those as well and give him that info at her next checkup and we'll decide from there what should be done. He said I shouldn't worry about rushing her in unless the seizure lasts more than 2 minutes and/or she has a tough time coming out of it.

So we're hoping it was just some kind of freak event and that it will never happen again.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heres sending more vibes that it never happens again

I know of two people that has happened to. One had just one seizure and never had another one again. The other had several seizures over a time span but then they stopped and she never had them again. It was never determined why either of them had them. Hopefully thats the name for Juno

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has to be a one time thing - The Cutestest Puppy In The World shouldn't have anything wrong!

Lots of that this was a one time thing and she never has any more issues!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!! Poor little Juno! I'm so glad she is ok!

I thought seizures were more common in purebred dogs?!

My dalmation had epilepsy from age 11 to 15. It was so scarey and so extremely sad.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought seizures were more common in purebred dogs?!
They are, but John found a site last night that said the top two breeds predisposed to epilepsy are Beagles and Dachshunds.