I'm such a whimp!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My neighbor across the street is having a BBQ today. There's tons of people outside right now. They even had a moon bounce set up in an empty lot (trailer park).

Well I just looked outside, and someone has parked their car blocking my driveway!!!! They are all parked up on the grass between my lot and my neighbors (kind of a narrow but long 'common' area. That I don't mind so much. Blocking me in I sure do!

Now I'm really not planning to leave, so if they'd knocked on the door and asked to park there, I'd have said yes! But I'm too chicken to go over there and find the guy who lives there and I'm too chicken to even go leave a note on their windshield.

DH has been away all weekend on a backpacking trip so it's just been the one car. So maybe they think we are out of town, but still HOW HARD IS IT TO KNOCK!?!?!?! Someone wanna go over there for me? Dh will be home in an hour or two too.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your not a whimp, you just don't like to be confrontational. I really don't either. I'd just go over there and calmy say someone is blocking your drive. Explain you DH will be home soon and ask if the car can be moved so your DH can get in. I'm sure they won't bite your head off.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Your not a whimp, you just don't like to be confrontational. I really don't either. I'd just go over there and calmy say someone is blocking your drive. Explain you DH will be home soon and ask if the car can be moved so your DH can get in. I'm sure they won't bite your head off.

I think that is a great idea!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your DH will be home soon, he will need to be pulling in the driveway. Now get off your butt and go talk to the neighbor and just ask him to find the person the car belongs to and move it PLEASE cause your DH will be home shortly.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If your DH will be home soon, he will need to be pulling in the driveway. Now get off your butt and go talk to the neighbor and just ask him to find the person the car belongs to and move it PLEASE cause your DH will be home shortly.
Yes, tell the neighbor how much you have missed DH and can't wait for him to pull into you driveway in less than 2 hours from now. Usually, people love lovebirds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

call and have the car towed away.
Hmm.....we'll call that plan B!

Well I did get it moved. I stood in the doorway for a while trying to see where my neighbor was or someone from his family I recognize. Then the man walked out and actually across the street (to pick up a can one of his guests left in the road
) I walked out with my keys and he saw me. He asked if I needed the car moved. (DUH!) He went and found whoever's car it was and they moved it right away. He did apoligize at least. (said he didn't know they'd parked there.)

I'm glad it worked out that way, but I would have had to go over if he'd not seen me there.

I actually (as I started typing this post) had to go shooe 2 little girls off my front deck. They had to be about 2 and 3 years old. They were just clompin around up and down the steps (freaked the cats out!). Guess they slipped out of the mass of children still playing out there. (There are adults watching them...guess they just got away there.)

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They owe you some BBQ and beverage! Go over and get your due

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I hate having to be confrontational too..

Originally Posted by theimp98

call and have the car towed away.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had that issue once I simpley put a sticky with a NOTE that it was NOT nice to block or park in front of a house you are not at
... it worked