Some People!!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Workers at the local SPCA recently came to work to find a big box by their door. In the box was 28 kittens!!!! It looks like a whole irresponsible neighborhood put all their kittens together and dropped it off!
Luckily is hasn't been too hot.

Good thing is, all the kittens will be spayed/neutered, microchipped, vaccinated and tested for leukemia before being adopted out.

At least they didn't just drop them off at a park to fend for themselves.

The SPCA is overwhelmed with kittens right now, but at least they will try to adopt them out.

I would post the pic from the paper, but it isn't online. But to see all those cute little faces peering out of the box... Some people!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup. Some people are just dolts!!! But as you said, at least they didn't dump them somewhere unsafe.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's absolutely crazy! At least they DID drop them at the SPCA, and kittens seem to have a pretty good adoption rate.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is alot of kittens.

still at least they did not just dumped them in a lake or something. They did take them where they thought someone would help.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little babies. That's a lot of kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That is way too many homeless kittens
And what made me mad is they just dropped off the box with the kittens inside. No water or anything that I could see. It is a good thing that it has been cooler here but 2 weeks ago, it was in the 100's! If they had done this in June or July when it really gets hot, some of the kittens may have died. The picture in the paper wasn't too clear and it was small, but all those sweet little faces looking out! I wanted to just bundle them up in my arms and bury my face in kitten fur!

fablegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just dont understand those type of cruel people that can just abandon their cats. Thats so horrible and enraging! I work at a doctors office and this one patient was in between houses and was staying in an apartment, and instead of paying the extra fees, the
abandoned his cat at a shelter thing! The cat was in there for at least 6 months, and when the patient came back he said he had to put the cat down because it had a cancerous tumor! It was probably from stress and loneliness and just wanted to die!! Poor kitties that are abandoned....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Why can't they have the sense to bring the momcats too, so they can be spayed?
If the cats all came from the same neighborhood, maybe they should have a block spay/neuter party!
28 - unbelievable!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Workers at the local SPCA recently came to work to find a big box by their door. In the box was 28 kittens!!!! It looks like a whole irresponsible neighborhood put all their kittens together and dropped it off!
Luckily is hasn't been too hot.
You never know maybe a bunch of strays had kittens and someone gathered them up and took them in cause they knew they would be better off. We use to have a tone of strays in our neighbor hood and they always had kittens. I think someone one day and trapped them all cause they came up missing. The problem was that so did a few of the neighbors cats including one of mine. It really sucked.