Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy
Okay... so the torch passes... to my neighbor in the Pacific NW, Bonnie1965.
So I have a few questions to start off:
Have you lived in Portland your whole life?
If not, then where are you from?
What brought you to Portland (if not from here)?
If you are 'from' here (i.e. born here), what about Portland do you love?
What are your favorite things to do here?
Okay, here's a Portland question: bus, bike, or car?
What's your favorite room in Powells downtown?
Favorite Coffee shop?
I'll stop for now... I'm sure others will chime in...
Thanks so much! This is an honor
I have not always lived here in Portland. It is a very long story so won't bore you all with that. We first came here when I was 9 years old when my parents were first divorcing. We moved back and forth to Portland from many places all over the country over the years. When I was 18, I decided this is home and moved back permanently.
I was born in Albany, Missouri and grew up in many small towns and Portland.
What I love about Portland is the sense of tolerance and the laid back attitude of the Pacific Northwest in general.
I take bus/Max all over. My Jeep died about 10 years ago and haven't had the money to get a new one
I love all the rooms in Powells! I can't remember all the colors but I tend to gravitate to the literature and "studies" sections (women's studies, American studies, Native American, etc.) I really enjoy going to hear the visiting authors speak upstairs. Sherman Alexie and Nikki Giovanni among others. Without Powell's, I would never have seen them.
Fave coffee shop? I don't really have one. I don't care too much for coffee unless it has lots of chocolate and sugar - by then, it is more syrup than coffee. I do like the "idea" of going for coffee and the coffeecake, too!
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...
1.- ¿Do you to know México? ..as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly? are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about Mérida Yucatán México???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!
Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food? (do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach) ( here´s the link my friend: )http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/
Enought for today, ....see you tomorrow my friend...
I don't mind if you sneak in
1. I know Mexico is a country
2. I have never been fortunate enough to visit Mexico yet, but it is on my places I must see. The man who does the janitorial work at my last job has told me many stories of his home. He says he is Aztec/Mexican and speaks it so beautifully.
3. The Yucatan is so very beautiful! I will definitely visit when I get the chance to come. I will probably go out mostly at night because I sunburn easily.
4. I do not speak Spanish well, although I wish I did!
5. I don't have any Spanish music CDs. I did have a couple that were Flemenco music but lost them long ago. I need to add to my music collection.
6. The only movie that comes to mind is Real Women Have Curves, but that may not be a real Mexican movie.
7. I love Mexican food! As long as it isn't hot! I have a wussy tummy
My favorite would be a big, juicy burrito.
8. Ohhh Myyyy, I almost remember tequila
I haven't had that drink in a long, long time. I just don't have the time to recover from drinking any longer
9. I did sleep in a hammock as a child in South Dakota of all places. I remember it being very comfortable.
10. I have seen the traditional clothing. Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here in Portland on the waterfront. Beautiful!
11. I do know of Cancun but have never been to visit yet ... Someday.
Originally Posted by Catkiki
Have you ever been to California?
Where have you visited here?
What was your favorite vacation spot?
What do you do for a living?
Are you married and if you are how long?
Any children and their ages?
I have been to California when I was 9 years old. We lived in San Bernadino for a couple of months. I remember it was HOT and that most of the children spoke Spanish. Since we just came from the midwest USA, we did not speak it. Since then, I had a layover San Francisco airport 8 years ago
Also, have been to the amazing Redwoods in Northern California.
I have never really been on a vacation
What do you recommend?
As of today, I work for an Internet company in anti-fraud. Not sure how I will do. Before this past Friday, I worked about 15 years in the towing/repo industry.
I am not, and have never been, married. Amazing, eh?
No children either .... have two beautiful cats though
And, eight nieces and nephews.
Thanks guys! This is fun