He's feisty!

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little orange and white kitten stood up to a raccoon tonight! We have these coons (I'm from the south...lol) that come up to our house and eat the cat food we keep outside. Ebbers goes after them occasionally, but she gives up. Anyway. Me and my parents were sitting outside watching my dad go after it with a broom and a laundry basket (it's one of those things you have to have been there to see)...and then the feisty one shows up! The little thing arched its back, spit, and hissed at that coon and didn't even back down once. It was one of those things I would have sent into America's Funniest Home Videos if I had gotten it on videotape!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you know that racoons can kill a cat, especailly if they are being provoked by a cat? Racoons can be really mean nasty animals when provoked. If there were people around the racoon will usuallly run, but if your cat is out there by himself, he can be very seriouly hurt. Racoons also carry many diseases.

With you saying that its a kitten is something that should really concern you, a cat too but especially an innocent kitten.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your dad had backup! I think between your dad running around with the broom and your scrawny kitty making a fuss it would have been one funny video

How old is the kitty? Pictures please!
I love orange kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Do you know that racoons can kill a cat, especailly if they are being provoked by a cat? Racoons can be really mean nasty animals when provoked. If there were people around the racoon will usuallly run, but if your cat is out there by himself, he can be very seriouly hurt. Racoons also carry many diseases.

With you saying that its a kitten is something that should really concern you, a cat too but especially an innocent kitten.
The cat wasn't really provoking it. It was just kinda standing there minding its own business. It only started hissing when the coon was around, and even then the coon was too busy trying to avoid my dad to go after the kitten. If I had sensed that the coon was going to attack my kitten, I would have taken it up on the porch with me.