Somebody shoot me

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That might be the only way to relieve this blasted sinus headache.
I took some sinus meds but they aren't really helping. I'd lay down but that makes the throbbing worse. I hate allergies.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel. For the past week I've had a cold/allergies/sinus infection/who knows what
My whole face is throbbing.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could find some medicine without Pseudoephedrine in it. I hate that stuff because it make my heart rate go up.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been fighting a sinus infection and I was introduced to the "Neti Pot". It really helps with cleaning out your sinuses and allergens and bacteria and such. It has been very helpful. It looks gross but if you can get past that then it is totally worth it. I was having bad sinus headaches and after do it several times it cleared it. Here is an example of a neti pot and how it is used:
You can find them at Walgreens or other pharmacies. I bought mine at the grocery store.
Hope you can get rid of you headache.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I have been fighting a sinus infection and I was introduced to the "Neti Pot". It really helps with cleaning out your sinuses and allergens and bacteria and such. It has been very helpful. It looks gross but if you can get past that then it is totally worth it. I was having bad sinus headaches and after do it several times it cleared it. Here is an example of a neti pot and how it is used:
You can find them at Walgreens or other pharmacies. I bought mine at the grocery store.
Hope you can get rid of you headache.
Thank you. It finally went away last night. (it only took five hours)
I'm not sure if it was my sinuses or not. The sinus medicine I took help a little but then my headache just came back. I finally took an Ibuprophen and layed down with a heating pad on my neck. That worked.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I wish I could find some medicine without Pseudoephedrine in it. I hate that stuff because it make my heart rate go up.
A lot of them don't now, in many states they keep any that have it in them behind the counter.

If it's allergies you should see to properly treating them instead of just using a decongestant as that does nothing to block histamine. If OTC meds don't work for you some of the prescriptions, like allerga, have generics now - and over all would be cheaper than OTC.