TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How rude!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How rude!!!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I was at the store today with my Mom and I was wearing the same shirt I had on yesterday. I didn't do anything so it's not sweaty or dirty. Anyway, I saw my neighbor at the store and his son was with him. I don't know how old he is but he's in college so he has to be in his early 20's. So I chatted with my neighbor and started to walk away when the son says, "Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?" I told him yeah so what. He says, "Isn't it dirty after you wear it one day?" I said, "No, it isn't." The nerve of some people. I don't even know him and he acts like I'm nasty because I wear the same T shirt twice in a row. JERK
post #2 of 17
People like that are the reason I like animals so much....they're not people! BTW I sometimes wear a T-shirt all week, because I only wear it in the evening after work so it never gets dirty....
post #3 of 17
Well next time you see him, ask him, is that not the same ugly face you had on last time I saw you?
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myufo View Post
Well next time you see him, ask him, is that not the same ugly face you had on last time I saw you?
OMG!!!!!!! That is a good one.
post #5 of 17
Some people are strange like that. My ex-boyfriend would wear a pair of jeans for 2 hours...and they had to be washed. I was like "but, you had them on for 2 HOURS! Long enough to drive to dinner, eat and come back home!" Yeah, but I wore them, so they're dirty.

I'm like you. As long as I don't get sweaty or dirty, there's nothing wrong with wearing the same clothes again. I have 3 pairs of jeans that are comfortable on me. And I do wear them again without washing them in between during the week. And, I have a favorite t-shirt I wear to bed at night. To me, the cost of electric is going up, not to mention the cost of everything else, so if you can wear clothes another day, go for it!
post #6 of 17
I hate people like that. Sometimes I'll put a shirt on, and then the next day, I don't feel like digging around for a different one, so I'll throw the same one on again for the day.. it's not like I got it dirty or anything, so I don't see why people make such a big thing out of it.
post #7 of 17
If he doesn't have anything better to do than to worry about what YOU wore, he has nothing good to say about himself.

I sometimes wear a t-shirt many times if I'm not sweating on the weekend. I have yet to wash any of the jeans I've sewn up because they are still ok. I do need to wash them eventually.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myufo View Post
Well next time you see him, ask him, is that not the same ugly face you had on last time I saw you?
hahahaha, good one!
I wear the same clothes for a few days too (actually I have clothes just for wearing around the house, I have a dog that slobbers so if I changed every time I got a little drool on my Id run out of clothes, lol)
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
People like that are the reason I like animals so much....they're not people! BTW I sometimes wear a T-shirt all week, because I only wear it in the evening after work so it never gets dirty....
I totally agree. And as for the shirt... me too. When I go to the gym I bring a change of clothing with me for the return trip home. If I drove I would just wear my work out clothing, but as a courtesy to those around me as I travel home, I shower and change. The clothing is worn for maybe 1 hour, so I'll be darned if I'm going to wash clothes every day because I wore them for 1 hour! So it's not uncommon to see me leaving the gym in the same clothing 5 days in a row! lol
post #10 of 17
I don't wash a fair amount of my clothes if I've only had them on for a short period of time.
What did people do in the 1600"s?? They wore they same stuff for weeks!!
post #11 of 17
Ok so I'm weird, I have a habit of washing my clothes to death, and I know it....but still, there is no way I would have commented about it to someone! Personally, I would have assumed that you'd washed and dried it and just picked the same one off the top as you had on the day before.......not that it would have been any of my business in the first place! I love the comeback about the same ugly face though.....that's just priceless~!
post #12 of 17
My BF does the "sniff test". I say an extra day is ok. I am not out to impress anyone?
post #13 of 17
You are right He's rude. Why is worried what your wearing? My four year old wears an outfit for an hour, then changes, I put it back in her drawer, I already do 6-7 loads a week. why would I want to do more
post #14 of 17
You can remind him that washing things after a single use is a HUGE waste of water and energy! If he doesn't seem bothered point out that he probably likes water and energy and therefore wants to keep those things around. Oh yeah, and the earth.

As long as YOU'RE clean what does it matter?
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
I was at the store today with my Mom and I was wearing the same shirt I had on yesterday. I didn't do anything so it's not sweaty or dirty. Anyway, I saw my neighbor at the store and his son was with him. I don't know how old he is but he's in college so he has to be in his early 20's. So I chatted with my neighbor and started to walk away when the son says, "Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?" I told him yeah so what. He says, "Isn't it dirty after you wear it one day?" I said, "No, it isn't." The nerve of some people. I don't even know him and he acts like I'm nasty because I wear the same T shirt twice in a row. JERK
ask him why is he looking at you that close.
tell him your sorry, but you not into pre-school kids
post #16 of 17
I find it weird that he knows what you had on and remembers it. I could not even tell you what my neighbor had on yesterday. Vaguely but not enough to know if she wore it twice. I even had a 20 minute conversation with her.
post #17 of 17
wow that guy is ignorant and I hope you told him to mind his own business >.< or at least poked him in the eye with a stick
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How rude!!!