Birthday coming up

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie will hit 17 in about a month. I want to get him something but I have no idea what. He doesn't play with toys so that option is out. Any suggestions?

kat89447

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know he doesn't play with toys, but even the most standoffish cat I have ever owned couldn't resist a crazy wheel. That's the plastic wheel that has a ball trapped in it that spins around. Laser pointers are a blast for cat and human. I have cats that wouldn't be caught dead playing with toys in general, but there is something about a stupid red light that gets them up and going. I have caught my 13 year old chasing that stupid ball around and then looking at me like she just accidentaly ran into it. My 20 year old played with both of these until he passed. His favorite pastime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kat89447

I know he doesn't play with toys, but even the most standoffish cat I have ever owned couldn't resist a crazy wheel. That's the plastic wheel that has a ball trapped in it that spins around. Laser pointers are a blast for cat and human. I have cats that wouldn't be caught dead playing with toys in general, but there is something about a stupid red light that gets them up and going. I have caught my 13 year old chasing that stupid ball around and then looking at me like she just accidentaly ran into it. My 20 year old played with both of these until he passed. His favorite pastime.
OK, thanks for the suggestion.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats like the trackball thing & the laser pointer, too. they also like Da Bird & the Cat Dancer.
what about a new cat tree?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

my cats like the trackball thing & the laser pointer, too. they also like Da Bird & the Cat Dancer.
what about a new cat tree?
A cat tree might be good. Popsie does like to climb on and walk across things. (coffee table, sofa table, etc.)
He already has Da Bird and doesn't play with it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

A cat tree might be good. Popsie does like to climb on and walk across things. (coffee table, sofa table, etc.)
He already has Da Bird and doesn't play with it.
i have 3, plus a couple of scratching posts, cardboard scratchers, etc. this is 2 of the trees:
navy tree
baby blue tree
i saw these online, & they looked interesting!
cardboard scratchers

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I bet he'd like the baby blue tree.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I added the link to my favorites.