Cats named Princess

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My daughter and her boyfriend are getting married later this year and her boyfriend wanted to adopt a cat. On the application he put down our vet because that's who they will be taking the cat to. On the application he only told them about Kody as another cat who will be living there. After they checked with the vet they called him and said that my daughter has 2 cat's not one, so he explained that Princess was my cat and she was staying with me. They told him that was good because they would have trouble adopting out a cat into a home with a cat named Princess because cats named Princess are usually snobby and spoiled and tend to get all the attention. Have you ever heard of a cat's name being a reason you can't adopt another cat? His application was approved since Princess was not going to live with them.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's absolutely crazy for them to assume just because a cat has a specific name, they wont get along. Wow. I'm just plain shocked at that!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

That's absolutely crazy for them to assume just because a cat has a specific name, they wont get along. Wow. I'm just plain shocked at that!

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.. just because they have a name like that doesn't mean they're not going to get along well with others.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it might happen that way. I originally was thinking of calling Charlie (registered name - DipNDots), but figured Dippy as a nickname might not be the wisest choice

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds like cat discrimination
that's got to be one of the most convoluted reasoning processes I've ever heard

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody had way too much time on their hands to come up with that. It is a name for goodness sake.

lorina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They should just tell them they'd name the other cat Prince, Queenie, King or Mr. President. :p

Wow. That's some seriously messed up reasoning. I can understand having some preconcieved notions about certain pets when you work with animals and notice patterns, but to vocalize them to the general public? That's nuts.

Besides, when you work with animals, you see plenty of exceptions to the rule. I know a gorgeous young woman, looks like a supermodel, who owns a Pekingese, and the first time I met her, she was pushing the Peke around in one of those baby carriages for dogs. I thought, "High maintenance Paris Hilton princess type!"

How wrong I was. The Peke was in the buggy because she'd hurt her knee hiking with the owner and her other two dogs, a Rottie and a Husky, and the owner didn't want her to run around too much. So there went my first impression! She was a beautiful woman with a foofoo dog, and they go hiking every weekend.

Her Peke partially inspired me to get my Peke, who also loves to go hiking and dive into creeks and do everything a big dog would do.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

I guess that since we name our cat Ringo, we can't adopt any other cats with musician names. There could be creative differences...

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe someone would actually use that as a reason to try to deny an adoption. I have a Princess who happens to be spoiled and gets a lot of attention but so do all the rest of my cats (as well as the neighborhood ferals)!!!! I actually wouldn't have Princess (or any of my others) any other was than spoileed rotton!!!!!!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

sounds like cat discrimination
that's got to be one of the most convoluted reasoning processes I've ever heard
Ahhhh, nicely said.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg, I hope no one has ever really been turned down for adoption because of another cats name! I named my cat Princess at first (and she is spoiled), but we never ever called her that, so we changed her name to what we actually called her...Kitty. Now I wonder if people looked down on her and maybe me for the short time her name was Princess! That's just plain awful.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
patchy full name is princess patches the piglet. she told us her name was patches but we added the rest. if you ever met her, youd understand

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's crazy! Is there any possibility the person was joking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

That's crazy! Is there any possibility the person was joking?
No, the woman was completely serious. My daughter and her boyfriend were shocked. My daughter didn't want to deal with the adoption place because of it.

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh wow, that is one of the wierdest reasons I have ever heard to not accept adoption....

Then again, I probably shouldnt talk, because when I was little we adopted a cat and I named her Princess. She would not let me touch certain spots on her, and only touch her at all very few times per week. Same for my parents. Otherwise, the snobbiest, most spoiled cat I have ever met, and ended up leaving and living under a neighbor's deck furniture. Thankfully she was fixed and safe, and eventually my parents gave up on keeping her home and we let the neighbors take charge of feeding and caring for her, as they fell in love with her snobbish ways.(a single couple, who had no kids. haha, she REALLY didnt like kids
)
darn cat, she still looks down her nose at me whenever I happen to walk by her house