*****KatKwiz! - May 24 - Free Cat Games points*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the playoffs for the 100,000 point Super KatKwery bowl were to begin today, the four home teams (usernames) would be _______ _______ _______ _______, and they would be playing _______ _______ _______ _______.

Since we have had several unintended interruptions, I just wanted to get this straight and headed in the right direction again.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it would depends on the eight members who had the most Katkwery points as of today. As far as I know that info hasn't been posted. The last it was posted was on April 17 and there were only six.
HOME TEAM
whiteforest
luvmycat1
silvionc
MuleNag

VS
Marianjela
Kluchetta
???????
???????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Well it would depends on the eight members who had the most Katkwery points as of today. As far as I know that info hasn't been posted. The last it was posted was on April 17 and there were only six.
HOME TEAM
whiteforest
luvmycat1
silvionc
MuleNag

VS
Marianjela
Kluchetta
???????
???????
That is exactly the problem, to determine the top 8 players as of RIGHT NOW and determine who would play who according to the rules.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to take a stab at it and assume to be wrong... because I havn't been on in a long time which will be explain in a later thread....
home team (keep in mind Im making this up as I go) White Forest, Marianjela, luvmyvat1, monaxlisa
VS
Silvionv, mulenag, kluchetta, laureen227

I really presume to be wrong, since I dont understand who to put on what team, and who has won recently and who hasn't, its just a guess and me trying to get involved in stuff again

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home team
Marianjela
whiteforest
luvmycat1
Silvionv

VS

MuleNag
Kluchetta
Monaxlisa
Glitch

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I am going to take a stab at it and assume to be wrong... because I havn't been on in a long time which will be explain in a later thread....
home team (keep in mind Im making this up as I go) White Forest, Marianjela, luvmyvat1, monaxlisa
VS
Silvionv, mulenag, kluchetta, laureen227

I really presume to be wrong, since I dont understand who to put on what team, and who has won recently and who hasn't, its just a guess and me trying to get involved in stuff again
Since you DO have all eight teams correctly identified, the kats are awarding you the 2,000 points. The place to start for this problem is in Shop Menu and make a list of the top 8 KatKwery winners according to number of points. In the case of ties, the member who first received the points is the tiebreaker. Then, just like in some other sports playoffs, the number one pointholder (whiteforest) would be the home team against the number 8 player (laureen227). The advantage of being the "home team" is that in the case of a tie during the playoffs, the home team is the winner. Note that whiteforest has actually only won one game but that one game paid out a lot of points. All of this will be explained in great deal as we get closer to the playoffs. The important thing to remember is that even if you have no points now you can still very easily end up as one of the top eight and go on to win the 100,000 points. The list will change dramatically as we approach the playoffs and will be very exciting so if you have not been playing, START! As far as the actual playoffs, there will be secret words but the players involved will pm their answers to the kats. There is normally only one secret word per day but during the playoffs, the first round will have ten secret words, the finals will have 15 secret words and the big bowl will have 20 secret words. Having "home field advantage" means that in the case of ties, the home team walks away with all one hundred thousand points. I will be going over this more and more as we get closer but the thing is that right now glitch has a great chance of beating whiteforest for all the points. So, start playing now for home field advantage AND winning of immediate points.

KatKwery: There are three secret words today, each worth 700 points. Here are some topics of discussion that should help you use the secret word

What would you do with an extra one hundred thousand points? Would the points or the pride in being the "world champ" be the most important to you? Or both? Do you know when the playoffs begin? Please explain any confusing points you may still have about the playoffs. Remember, there is normally only one secret word per day, we are just playing catch up now for the days I was in the hospital, etc. Good Luck, the kats and I promise there will be lots of fun

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Since you DO have all eight teams correctly identified, the kats are awarding you the 2,000 points. The place to start for this problem is in Shop Menu and make a list of the top 8 KatKwery winners according to number of points. In the case of ties, the member who first received the points is the tiebreaker. Then, just like in some other sports playoffs, the number one pointholder (whiteforest) would be the home team against the number 8 player (laureen227). The advantage of being the "home team" is that in the case of a tie during the playoffs, the home team is the winner. Note that whiteforest has actually only won one game but that one game paid out a lot of points. All of this will be explained in great deal as we get closer to the playoffs. The important thing to remember is that even if you have no points now you can still very easily end up as one of the top eight and go on to win the 100,000 points. The list will change dramatically as we approach the playoffs and will be very exciting so if you have not been playing, START! As far as the actual playoffs, there will be secret words but the players involved will pm their answers to the kats. There is normally only one secret word per day but during the playoffs, the first round will have ten secret words, the finals will have 15 secret words and the big bowl will have 20 secret words. Having "home field advantage" means that in the case of ties, the home team walks away with all one hundred thousand points. I will be going over this more and more as we get closer but the thing is that right now glitch has a great chance of beating whiteforest for all the points. So, start playing now for home field advantage AND winning of immediate points.

KatKwery: There are three secret words today, each worth 700 points. Here are some topics of discussion that should help you use the secret word

What would you do with an extra one hundred thousand points? Would the points or the pride in being the "world champ" be the most important to you? Or both? Do you know when the playoffs begin? Please explain any confusing points you may still have about the playoffs. Remember, there is normally only one secret word per day, we are just playing catch up now for the days I was in the hospital, etc. Good Luck, the kats and I promise there will be lots of fun
Thanks!! I really didn't think I was gonna win!!

I like to donate points to those you have lost a pet, or for fun & with my points I mainly use them to donate to other members who are new and do not have enough points to give gifts, or for people trying to save up to get enough for the arcade, and of course I try to send some back to the katkwiz since you guys are the ones who gave me my points to start with!Oh I always try to keep some points in the bank too! But I wouldn't think there would be any need for 100,000 in the bank! Thats a whole lotta points! I dont think the champion title would be what inspired me to keep playing, the points is what makes it exciting! I could give alot of gifts with 100,000 points! I know the superbowl is sometime in October, I think the first of october. And we always have fun playing the katkwiz and katwery! Its fun for all!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what I'd do with that many points.
Maybe hold a contest of my own. I think the playoffs begin October first. I think the points would be more important than the pride. I'm a pretty modest person.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I lost all modesty along with childbirth!
I think winning it might make my head blow up to the size of the good year blimp for a while! Points always come in handy though! Seems with the interest rate points are harder to come by and much more appreciated then they use to be!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know, I could give away 200,000 points. For me, it would definately be world champ. Of course I know when the playoffs begin. All I have to do is click of the KatKwery link in my siggy to find out! When the kats let me know, I will pass along the info! My in home nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I threw a bunch of crumpled paper out on the floor and told her she had to bat out three pieces of paper!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know, I could give away 200,000 points. For me, it would definately be world champ. Of course I know when the playoffs begin. All I have to do is click of the KatKwery link in my siggy to find out! When the kats let me know, I will pass along the info! My in home nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I threw a bunch of crumpled paper out on the floor and told her she had to bat out three pieces of paper!
Did you explain to her what you were doing?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
gosh, i don't know what i'd do w/that many points... give gifts, donate points & play in the arcade, most likely! maybe redo my user name font or color...
that many points just seems kinda unreal...
i confess i don't understand how the contest will work, but i'm sure it'll be explained more. may not have to know - i've only won a couple of times, after all.
i have no idea when it's supposed to be
altho i'm sure i could research it to find out!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

gosh, i don't know what i'd do w/that many points... give gifts, donate points & play in the arcade, most likely! maybe redo my user name font or color...
that many points just seems kinda unreal...
i confess i don't understand how the contest will work, but i'm sure it'll be explained more. may not have to know - i've only won a couple of times, after all.
i have no idea when it's supposed to be
altho i'm sure i could research it to find out!
Haha what would you do with that many points?? You HAVE that many points!!
I just thought that was funny when you said you didn't know what you'd do since you already probably have the problem of figuring out what you're going to with the points you have now!!

I know the Katkwery superbowl and playoffs begin on October 1st, because its clearly stated in the katkwery rules! I can't wait honestly, I dont know if Ill make the cut, but it would sure be fun to be in the super katkwery bowl! I think most participants in the whole katkwiz and katkwery are givers and always try to give gifts! Its just fun to be able to win, and honestly, I would love to win! The title, the points, and everything about it would make it spectacular! Such an event will have the cat site packed with people trying to see who will win and what the secret words are and someone will probably put a poll up to see which of the 8 they think will win and it will just be interesting to watch, and or participate! (hopefully participate!)

I think there needs to be a katkwiz superbowl! Im pretty sure Id stand a good chance at getting into that one! If Im around when the katkwiz is posted I can do well, of course Ive lost to luvmycat1 on several occasions due to her sharp thinking skills and quick typing!! Even if I make it to the katkwery superbowl and get last place, I will still have made it there and that would be exciting! Theres alot of people who are going to be joining in, and for some reason I have a hard time getting the right words for the katkwiz! Like no matter how long I babble the words just never cross my mind, like Im drawing a blank! Im crossing my fingers that some how or another I get into the superbowl! Right now Im close, but not close enough Im afraid! I think there has been several people who have won the katkwery just once, and so far thats me too! A few more times and Ill be good to go! *hopefully* Okay I think Ill stop rambling, Im just hoping to get one of the three secret words in there somehow or another!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Haha what would you do with that many points?? You HAVE that many points!!
I just thought that was funny when you said you didn't know what you'd do since you already probably have the problem of figuring out what you're going to with the points you have now!!
now, just think - i'd have twice as many!
hey, Amber - didja think by writing a whole lot you'd be more likely to hit one of the secret words?

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! I thought if I kept babbling I might get one of the secret words!!

Since theres 3 today I might stand a chance!! Not much of a chance cuz I dont ever have as elegant of words as he picks (or persi and alley pick) so Im never really right but I sure do try hard! (And for some strange reason I find typing to be theraputic!)