Back to the 60s

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every month, my job has a "theme day". Yesterday was "60s Day":

Yours truly won first prize, for my outfit. I'm going to have to print this out and give my mother a shock - these were the clothes that she wouldn't allow me to wear, back then.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I'm going to have to print this out and give my mother a shock - these were the clothes that she wouldn't allow me to wear, back then.
you should listen to your mother

eheh however it does look fun to wear to work

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great outfit! I wish we'd have theme days.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Terrific, Cindy! Fashions were rather strange then, weren't they? When I think back to the stuff I wore in the 60s/70s, I'm shocked that my mom went along with my tastes in fashion.

Do you remember the "sizzlers" from the early 70s, i.e., the ultra-mini dresses with matching panties? I thought I'd shock my parents by wearing them, and my mom's reaction was to sew - I was the envy of my classmates and friends because I had such a "custom-fitted" collection of them!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome!! I wish my company would have theme days. We do have a Halloween costume contest every year, but no theme days!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Every month, my job has a "theme day". Yesterday was "60s Day":

Yours truly won first prize, for my outfit. I'm going to have to print this out and give my mother a shock - these were the clothes that she wouldn't allow me to wear, back then.
Wasn't that you I saw at Woodstock?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

...Fashions were rather strange then, weren't they? ...
As opposed to, like, NOW?
I swear, you haven't lived until you've seen your 82-year-old mother come out of the dressing room at Kohl's trying to yank a pair of hiphuggers up to her actual waist!