Severe Thunderstorms and tornados

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather alert system has been going crazy since thursday. We are under Severe Thunderstorm warnings, Tornado watches and flash flooding. The weather is awful and isn't expected to lighten up for a week. Our tornado cellar is flooded because of the rains. I live in South central Nebraska and Tornados make me a little nervous! We just fixed our house last summer from a f3 tornado that hit 1 mile west of our town last year. The damage was from softball sized hail! I am just waiting for the dreaded tornado sirens to go off at any moment.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

The weather alert system has been going crazy since thursday. We are under Severe Thunderstorm warnings, Tornado watches and flash flooding. The weather is awful and isn't expected to lighten up for a week. Our tornado cellar is flooded because of the rains. I live in South central Nebraska and Tornados make me a little nervous! We just fixed our house last summer from a f3 tornado that hit 1 mile west of our town last year. The damage was from softball sized hail! I am just waiting for the dreaded tornado sirens to go off at any moment.
Stay safe. My family is in southeast Nebraska - I think I'd better call.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This storm system is really brutal. Though today here in Colorado, the tornadoes are the small skinny ones we're used to. They don't do the damage the one in Windsor did yesterday.

But sending lots of to Nebraska and Kansas as that is where the tornadoes get worse.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe!! We've been having a lot of tornado and severe storm warnings in the Lowcountry area of SC where I live. I can imagine it's not as bad as Nebraska though!