Decently damaged?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching the Weather Channel. The reporter was in CO covering the aftermath of the tornado yesterday - BTW, to those affected. He was standing in front of a warehouse and he said, "As you can see, it has been decently damaged."
So, was it decent that the tornado only partially damaged the warehouse? Would it be indecently damaged if the warehouse was leveled and it was "bare"?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was definitely a bad day a bit north of here. I don't know about anything being "decently" damaged
but definitely major damage in a pretty wide path. Thankfully, only one person has been reported killed and only minor injuries for the most part.

Whatever journalism school that guy went to, should be discredited.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

It was definitely a bad day a bit north of here. I don't know about anything being "decently" damaged
but definitely major damage in a pretty wide path. Thankfully, only one person has been reported killed and only minor injuries for the most part.

Whatever journalism school that guy went to, should be discredited.
Yes, that would be the only decent thing to do in light of such indecent language used by one of its alumni, though he may be a most decent young man.

Glad to hear that there was only minor injuries for the most part. I really hope the rest of tornado season is better.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call that a oops when he said decently damaged. News reporters are put on live TV and they sometimes have errors just like we do in day to day life. My father was a radio and television announcer in the 60's before he died and I can imagine the stories he could have told about bloopers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I would call that a oops when he said decently damaged. News reporters are put on live TV and they sometimes have errors just like we do in day to day life. My father was a radio and television announcer in the 60's before he died and I can imagine the stories he could have told about bloopers.
For sure, but what do you think that he was trying to say?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

For sure, but what do you think that he was trying to say?
He was probably trying to say that it wasn't "minor" damage...it was definitely damaged. Who knows, maybe insurance companies use the term "decently". I don't know. I just admire people who are thrown into those kind of situations...I would be saying "where's my script!!!"

But, many thoughts and prayer going to anyone affected by this.