I want a dragon egg!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently caught up on this dragon egg thing, but I don't know how to get to their home page to sign up. Also, can I put mine on my Myspace page or is it just a siggy thing? I tried following the 2 links someone posted but they said "no options match" or something like that. I love dragons, and would like to have one/some.
How can I get one in my sig, and on my Myspace if possible? Please help!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enter the Cave Once inside the cave you san start a scroll and there's also a link to the dragon forums where you can learn all about the dragons and eggs. On word of advice, the dragons only seem to lay eggs at the turn of the hour and they get snatched up quickly! Once you've managed to steal an egg you will find the links to post in your signature but remember, TCS has their own rules about dragons & eggs.

Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha. There were 3 eggs when I entered but I had to sign in, and after that, I went back and there was an orange one...but I wanted the pink one. But now they're all gone. LOL

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Ha. There were 3 eggs when I entered but I had to sign in, and after that, I went back and there was an orange one...but I wanted the pink one. But now they're all gone. LOL
Told you they go quick!
Hopefully your all signed up now and can snatch up your first choice at noon.
As for myspace I'm sure you can but I don't know how... I find that posting them here gets them plenty of clicks.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in hiding... someone here was kind enough to tell me it had a soft shell (means it got too many repeate views) and was going to die so I hid it in the hopes that it will recover and hatch. It's purple, which means it's a girl and I really want it to survive because atm I only have one girl.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've posted my eggs on myspace before. Once you get your egg you get the codes for posting them at different types of sites.
Good luck!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen these around, and after looking through this thread, I figured I'd give it a try. I wanted a pink one, and was lucky and got it right after I registered.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I've seen these around, and after looking through this thread, I figured I'd give it a try. I wanted a pink one, and was lucky and got it right after I registered.
You are lucky! I seem to have most of the common ones and I keep hoping to catch a more rare one but I always forget to check until it's too late.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

You are lucky! I seem to have most of the common ones and I keep hoping to catch a more rare one but I always forget to check until it's too late.
I guess I am!

How do you tell what ones are rare? I'm new to this, too. Is it somewhere in the forum? I didn't do much reading there, I wanted the pink egg.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be on the forums but basically the rare ones you won't see as often. Onve you see them release eggs a few times it becomes apparent which ones are released frequently (shy, fog, green, orange, warm) and which aren't (two colors, spots).

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It might be on the forums but basically the rare ones you won't see as often. Onve you see them release eggs a few times it becomes apparent which ones are released frequently (shy, fog, green, orange, warm) and which aren't (two colors, spots).
Ohhhh, okay. I'll keep an eye out.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh so if one person clicks on it too many times it gets soft? Oops, I may have been partially responsible for that, I clicked on a few people's a few times...to help hatch them...but I guess I hurt them. Sorry. Darn it, I wanted a pink one! I'm gonna keep trying for one. I got a two color and one with a green haze, which I gave to my boyfriend on his Myspace.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please remember about sig size. Often you must choose between a dragon's egg and a normal sized signature. Please check your total sig size. The total size must not exceed 150x600, and not be bigger than a total of 30K...including the dragon's egg!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Ohhhh so if one person clicks on it too many times it gets soft? Oops, I may have been partially responsible for that, I clicked on a few people's a few times...to help hatch them...but I guess I hurt them. Sorry. Darn it, I wanted a pink one! I'm gonna keep trying for one. I got a two color and one with a green haze, which I gave to my boyfriend on his Myspace.
I don't really understand the whole soft shell thing personally. I know that if you "click" an egg from your IP it will only log the click once after that they are logged as views... I think!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I got mine all set (I hope it's not breaking any rules!
) So click away please! lol I can't wait till it hatches.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't really understand the whole soft shell thing personally. I know that if you "click" an egg from your IP it will only log the click once after that they are logged as views... I think!
That's correct. You have Views - Unique Views - Clicks

A view is anyone who loads the page with your egg on it.

Unique view is the same thing but it only counts once per IP address.

Clicks are how many times someone actually clicks on your egg and looks at it.

That's my understanding of it.

A soft shell is cause by too many clicks and not enough views. You can also have a soft shell if you receive too many views in one day.

I have found if you hold your egg for a day before you put it out to be seen they do better.

I'm still missing 3 dragons I think. The Zombie Dragon, Sick Dragon and the green Yoshi. Now I'm trying to collect the hatchlings to freeze right before the mature.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, to my boyfriend's chagrin, I ran to the computer every hour on the hour today and I now have 4 eggs. I had 5 but I killed one because it said I had too many so I couldn't hold anymore, and the one I killed had a soft shell anyway. I hope that's not bad to do. I really wanted a pink one but this fog one came up, and a warm one. I also have a two color one and a green glow one. I hid my soft shell one for a bit to see what happens. I felt bad killing the other one. lol
I hope I can get a pink one soon!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, sometimes the soft shell occurs when you have too many views and not enough clicks, thats the way its stated at the dragon cave, and Ive found it to be very true, the rare ones are the silver, gold, paper, splits are not so rare at the moment and the dino's are on the semi rare list! Yoshi is not available to get anymore due to copywrite issues!

Rather than killing your egg if you have to get rid of it, abandon it that way someone else has the opportunity to take it and raise it and get it healthy! White eggs are also rare! I have several eggs right now and many dragons if you guys want to take a look its under my siggy! Any questions you have about the dragons feel free to pm me! When you get a soft shell you should hide it for a while to harden it up again, and also, the first day after getting an egg are critical, the same with the first day they hatch! Those are the days you are most likely to come on and found they have passed away! I killed my first 4 eggs by not getting them the views they needed and have not killed one since, if anyone wants to pm me their hatchlings and eggs I will gladly click on them!

Also, with my silver when it was an egg, someone clicked on it and kept hitting refresh, so I had over 600 views and only 38 clicks, thats when I had to hide it, because some people will intentionally murder your rare eggs and hatchlings! If you have more clicks that you do views your egg will get a soft shell too...

Amber