sometimes i even go EWWWWWWWW

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i got to work, one of the client admins, comes into my office, she sites down to talk to me about some stuff, and is eating some oatmeal.

she tells me, I hope you dont mind since i been here for 14 hours , i took a couple of packets of your oatmeal out of your old desk in the server room.

i tell her that was never my desk, and that oatmeal has been in the that desk since i started here 6 years ago add the 3 times i was fired here, that makes for over 7 years now.

she looks at me, turns a little green, and bolts out of my office
i should not laugh since i like her, but still

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I got a bit of a laugh from reading that, but I do feel kind of bad. Poor girl.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
it was probably ok, since it was sealed packets. now, if it had been the kind in the canister... it'd've been full of bugs [ask me how i know!].

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, well, she lived. But said she was thinking the oatmeal had a funny taste to it.

i told her that i had some pizza she could have.
for some reason she said she was no longer hungery

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny!!! Reminds me of the time when Colin and I first started dating and i was cooking him dinner one night at his house- i was going through the refridgerator looking for something and just happened to notice that several of his sauces/mayo/etc had been expired for several years
When I asked him if he knew they were expired he said "oh wow, i didn't realize those things went bad"
No telling how long he at ate that stuff before i cleaned it out and bought him fresh stuff

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! This is exactly why I don't eat other people's food unless I can ask them first.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

it was probably ok, since it was sealed packets. now, if it had been the kind in the canister... it'd've been full of bugs [ask me how i know!].
Umm, I don't have to ask,either.

Originally Posted by twstychik

Oh my! This is exactly why I don't eat other people's food unless I can ask them first.
Yep, a good reason not to take food from co-workers without asking first.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, your story reminds me of a receptionist named Raquel. When we got a new refrigerator for the office, I took a big jug of lemonade to work and put it in the door. I had a glass here, a glass there... but then I forgot about it.

About a year later, I walked past the lunchroom one afternoon and one of our field reps called out, "Hey Carol, did you have some lemonade in the fridge?"

I had to think about it for a minute, but then I finally remembered that jug of lemonade. I apologized for letting it take up space so long and headed over to throw it out, and the rep told me the tale...

He'd been making coffee when our 19-year-old receptionist (who we later found out was also a call girl, but that's another story) had swept in, flung open the refrigerator, spied my jug, and squinted to identify the large yellow glob floating in the cloudy liquid. "Oh," she'd declared, "it must be a lemon!" And she'd taken a great big swig.

But the glob had slid right down her throat, and she'd hacked and gagged dramatically for quite awhile, the field rep said. Awhile later, she'd begun to feel sick and had gone home.

I felt terrible. But wait a minute... "That couldn't have been my lemonade," I told the rep. "I didn't put a lemon in it -- I make it with frozen juice."

"Well, there was something in there," said the rep.

And sure enough, it was indeed my jug. So whatever that yellow glob was, it must have...
...g r o w n there in the year or so since I'd forgotten the jug.

Raquel did recover. I never told her what it was she swallowed.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahaaha, that's funny.
but errr, what about being a call girl

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG... Carol... that's disgusting! Of course, I've seen said blobs grow out of nothing before and I think I might wretch just thinking about it. Personally, I find it rude to have a "help yourself" attitude about co-workers food items... that'll teach her.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh gosh, your story reminds me of a receptionist named Raquel. When we got a new refrigerator for the office, I took a big jug of lemonade to work and put it in the door. I had a glass here, a glass there... but then I forgot about it.

About a year later, I walked past the lunchroom one afternoon and one of our field reps called out, "Hey Carol, did you have some lemonade in the fridge?"

I had to think about it for a minute, but then I finally remembered that jug of lemonade. I apologized for letting it take up space so long and headed over to throw it out, and the rep told me the tale...

He'd been making coffee when our 19-year-old receptionist (who we later found out was also a call girl, but that's another story) had swept in, flung open the refrigerator, spied my jug, and squinted to identify the large yellow glob floating in the cloudy liquid. "Oh," she'd declared, "it must be a lemon!" And she'd taken a great big swig.

But the glob had slid right down her throat, and she'd hacked and gagged dramatically for quite awhile, the field rep said. Awhile later, she'd begun to feel sick and had gone home.

I felt terrible. But wait a minute... "That couldn't have been my lemonade," I told the rep. "I didn't put a lemon in it -- I make it with frozen juice."

"Well, there was something in there," said the rep.

And sure enough, it was indeed my jug. So whatever that yellow glob was, it must have...
...g r o w n there in the year or so since I'd forgotten the jug.

Raquel did recover. I never told her what it was she swallowed.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another refrigerator story:

My SIL always warned us never to eat anything out of her fridge unless we asked her first. She claimed that most of her stuff would come alive and bang on the door to get out when they'd been in there long enough.

One day I'm rifling through her freezer (I was over there cooking dinner for all of us) and pulled out a box that was unmarked. I asked her what was inside. She screamed and said: not that box, it's Oscar. Oscar was her guinea pig who had died and she placed him in the freezer hoping to have an autopsy done one day. Had she not been home I would have opened that box and probably screamed myself. She buried poor little Oscar shortly after that.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My SIL always warned us never to eat anything out of her fridge unless we asked her first. She claimed that most of her stuff would come alive and bang on the door to get out when they'd been in there long enough.

One day I'm rifling through her freezer (I was over there cooking dinner for all of us) and pulled out a box that was unmarked. I asked her what was inside. She screamed and said: not that box, it's Oscar. Oscar was her guinea pig who had died and she placed him in the freezer hoping to have an autopsy done one day. Had she not been home I would have opened that box and probably screamed myself. She buried poor little Oscar shortly after that.
ouch....

err, ok
sorry i had to laugh

reminds of the time i took 5 frozen squirrels to a friend.
as we where sitting there talking, his wife started to unwarp them.
she screamed, and tossed them accross the room

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago my parents had a house in Northern WI (a tourist community) and there were roadside stands selling wild rice (which is grown there) and I bought like 5 pounds for a pretty good price. I split the bag with my sister. Well I don't cook wild rice that often but I went to open, ys the pricey Tupperware container and the rice, well it was moving!!!
EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW........................... I called my sis and told her to through hers away!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hahaaha, that's funny.
but errr, what about being a call girl
Looking forward to a new post Carol!

Originally Posted by Momofmany

RIP Oscar.

Originally Posted by GailC

Several years ago my parents had a house in Northern WI (a tourist community) and there were roadside stands selling wild rice (which is grown there) and I bought like 5 pounds for a pretty good price. I split the bag with my sister. Well I don't cook wild rice that often but I went to open, ys the pricey Tupperware container and the rice, well it was moving!!!
EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW........................... I called my sis and told her to through hers away!!
My rule of thumb: If it is still moving, don't eat it!

Originally Posted by theimp98

ouch....

err, ok
sorry i had to laugh

reminds of the time i took 5 frozen squirrels to a friend.
as we where sitting there talking, his wife started to unwarp them.
she screamed, and tossed them accross the room
2 questions, Bruce:

1. Why were you bringing frozen squirrels?
2. Did your friend's wife tell him to lose you?

Is it happy hour yet?