Hair Help Asap

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cannot leave this house, i have died my hair, but the dye has only taken too my roots and not the rest of my hair..... so i now have brown hair and a stupid stripe down my parting......
do they sell paroxide or any thing like that at the supermarkets?
or any other suggestions except from joining the head in a bag crew?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ok wait, were you blonde and dyed it brown or were you brown and dyed it blonde? lol My natural color is dirty blonde (aka gross haha) and I dye it much lighter - do not use peroxide! You will destroy your hair! I say, throw on a ball cap, haha, and hit the drug store/supermarket - in the states anyway, you can buy like a "root touch up" kit that you would just put on your roots and not your whole hair... if not, get the same kit you used to dye your whole head... now IMPORTANT! get vasiline while you're there (if you don't already have some) - I was just told this by my stylist last Friday... what you would want to do is put the vasiline in your hair like where the color difference is (ie: where the old color stops and the new color starts)... this will keep the color that you're applying to fix your roots from seeping into the rest of your hair and over processing it... then apply the new color to your roots as the directions state

Good luck!
Was this the first time dying your hair yourself? Don't worry, when I first started doing mine I once left a dark patch like right in the middle of my forehead, it was horrible!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Ok wait, were you blonde and dyed it brown or were you brown and dyed it blonde? lol My natural color is dirty blonde (aka gross haha) and I dye it much lighter - do not use peroxide! You will destroy your hair! I say, throw on a ball cap, haha, and hit the drug store/supermarket - in the states anyway, you can buy like a "root touch up" kit that you would just put on your roots and not your whole hair... if not, get the same kit you used to dye your whole head... now IMPORTANT! get vasiline while you're there (if you don't already have some) - I was just told this by my stylist last Friday... what you would want to do is put the vasiline in your hair like where the color difference is (ie: where the old color stops and the new color starts)... this will keep the color that you're applying to fix your roots from seeping into the rest of your hair and over processing it... then apply the new color to your roots as the directions state

Good luck!
Was this the first time dying your hair yourself? Don't worry, when I first started doing mine I once left a dark patch like right in the middle of my forehead, it was horrible!
that would be ok but.....
i was blonde died it brown 6 months back and decided i want too go blonde....
but it hasnt died over the previous dye...
just died the roots...

i look a mess help!!
now the SO wants me too put a bowl on my head and cut round it!
im sending him to the supermarket if you all want a laugh ill get him too get a pic :

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

that would be ok but.....
i was blonde died it brown 6 months back and decided i want too go blonde....
but it hasnt died over the previous dye...
just died the roots...

i look a mess help!!
now the SO wants me too put a bowl on my head and cut round it!
im sending him to the supermarket if you all want a laugh ill get him too get a pic :
I think the only way you can get back to blonde is to bleach it back.
You need hair bleach to strip out the brown dye. After do a deep conditioning treatment.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think the only way you can get back to blonde is to bleach it back.
You need hair bleach to strip out the brown dye. After do a deep conditioning treatment.
got plenty of conditining stuff looks like the bleachin is the only way
gonna be the only way

i always mess up

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

got plenty of conditining stuff looks like the bleachin is the only way
gonna be the only way

i always mess up
Sorry.
You think that's bad. I have brown hair and decided to go blonde once. I just tried using blonde hair die. Stupid, it came out brassy.
So I dyed it again, still brassy. Then I bleached it but I missed some spots so I bleached it again!!!!!!! All of this in like one month. My hair was fried, I'm surprised it didn't fall out. I let it grow out a bit then got it cut and dyed it back to brown. Only the brown dye didn't take to my ends, only my roots. So my roots were a dark brown and my ends were a light brown.
The only color I use now is black to dye my hair.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i did something like this about 8-9 years ago. i'd dyed my hair black [semi-permanent] for a show. after getting a perm, it was STILL black [usually a perm would lighten it, somewhat], so i tried bleaching the black out. worked - except the roots became BLONDE! so i had brown hair w/blonde roots
i ended up going to my stylist, & he redyed the roots brown. [i did try myself, but i couldn't get it dark enough]. i'd suggest going to a pro for assistance.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't TOUCH it! Go directly to a professional who specializes in color. It's the only way.

Trust me -- I once spent several months as a two-tone brown-over-black...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very difficult to go from dark hair to light hair. I'd suggest making an appointment to see a hair stylist to get it fixed.

When I was 17 or 18 my hair looked very coppery in the sun so I decided to dye it and get rid of the red. I picked an "Ash Blonde" colour and ended up with green tinged hair! Yes...very green tinged!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too would suggest going to a professional. I used a coppery "highlighter" once, that turned my hair a totally dark dark green. UGH! I went to a stylist, and she was able to peroxide it out, but it's not real easy to do yourself.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
too late... rix went too the tesco's and spoke too a friend of his, who suggested a hair colour stripping thing and it comes with cinditioning cream, then this may dye it white..
i then wait 24 hours too dye blonde on top of it too darken it slightest...
ill get pics ASAP lol so far its looking good, itchy tho

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really can't cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

I'm curious to see your pictures of this lol

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really cant cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

the only thing im worried about is the roots turning white (but apparantly thats supposed to haapen
)
or missing a bit and having a random brown streak ill update after the stuffs washed out in just under 20 mins...., then ill post pics in the morning of it when its dry, then dye it then post a pic once thats dry, im going for pink streaks like avril lavign, here >> http://i.ivillage.com/BS/wouldyou/BS...i_Ryan_325.jpg

but i dont trust myself too streak it and deffinately not ricky so its a matter of waiting for me too meet my real dad or going to ricky's neices who would do it...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really can't cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

actually, i have several people in my family with fine, straight, thin hair... & theirs looks better short - thicker. & short, you can add product that can help add body.
my hair is very fine, very straight - i have a lot, tho. but long - it just lays there. short - i can get it to be much fluffier looking with product. long - it just weighs too much!

Pixetina - i had hot pink streaks last summer - & i'm planning to have them this summer, too! [can't have them during the school year - against the dress code
too bad - i think my students would like them!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
example pics of my hair [disregard the rest - i've lost a lot of weight!]
long & straight:

long & curly [w/perm!]:

[i'm on the left, btw - the blonde is my sister - fine, straight, thin hair person]
short [webcam pic]:

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Laureen!!! Show the pink streaks - that is sooooo cool of you! (Don't tell me you didn't get any photos!)
sorry - i didn't. i'll get some this year, i promise!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

sorry - i didn't. i'll get some this year, i promise!
OK, you better - you would definitely be the coooool teacher with those.

Like I'm the cool mom because I have Circa shoes, LOL.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well im gingery blonde

back too my old natural colour!
ill be dieng it the stupid cam is playing up ill upload pics in morning its 05:02am here and ive been messing with my hair :

ohh id love too see pics of the streaks i did see another style i like with pink black and blonde but i couldnt pull that off... tell ya what though this blonde makes my face thiner or the dark hair made it chunky looking

sleep well all i must get sleep......
after feeding the mice and dogs...
ok why is willow tapping my arm,..

oooh yeah better feed the cats too

also better get teaser out of the kitchen for the 6th time this night

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your lucky my Sister had a mess once. She tried dying her Hair Black from Blond but it came out Blue. Then she tried to strip it and it was bright Orange. She had to get it fixed in a Salon. My other Blond Sister had her Hair turn green from trying to darken her hair once.