TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hair Help Asap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hair Help Asap

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I cannot leave this house, i have died my hair, but the dye has only taken too my roots and not the rest of my hair..... so i now have brown hair and a stupid stripe down my parting......
do they sell paroxide or any thing like that at the supermarkets?
or any other suggestions except from joining the head in a bag crew?
post #2 of 27
Ok wait, were you blonde and dyed it brown or were you brown and dyed it blonde? lol My natural color is dirty blonde (aka gross haha) and I dye it much lighter - do not use peroxide! You will destroy your hair! I say, throw on a ball cap, haha, and hit the drug store/supermarket - in the states anyway, you can buy like a "root touch up" kit that you would just put on your roots and not your whole hair... if not, get the same kit you used to dye your whole head... now IMPORTANT! get vasiline while you're there (if you don't already have some) - I was just told this by my stylist last Friday... what you would want to do is put the vasiline in your hair like where the color difference is (ie: where the old color stops and the new color starts)... this will keep the color that you're applying to fix your roots from seeping into the rest of your hair and over processing it... then apply the new color to your roots as the directions state

Good luck!
Was this the first time dying your hair yourself? Don't worry, when I first started doing mine I once left a dark patch like right in the middle of my forehead, it was horrible!
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
Ok wait, were you blonde and dyed it brown or were you brown and dyed it blonde? lol My natural color is dirty blonde (aka gross haha) and I dye it much lighter - do not use peroxide! You will destroy your hair! I say, throw on a ball cap, haha, and hit the drug store/supermarket - in the states anyway, you can buy like a "root touch up" kit that you would just put on your roots and not your whole hair... if not, get the same kit you used to dye your whole head... now IMPORTANT! get vasiline while you're there (if you don't already have some) - I was just told this by my stylist last Friday... what you would want to do is put the vasiline in your hair like where the color difference is (ie: where the old color stops and the new color starts)... this will keep the color that you're applying to fix your roots from seeping into the rest of your hair and over processing it... then apply the new color to your roots as the directions state

Good luck!
Was this the first time dying your hair yourself? Don't worry, when I first started doing mine I once left a dark patch like right in the middle of my forehead, it was horrible!
that would be ok but.....
i was blonde died it brown 6 months back and decided i want too go blonde....
but it hasnt died over the previous dye...
just died the roots...

i look a mess help!!
now the SO wants me too put a bowl on my head and cut round it!
im sending him to the supermarket if you all want a laugh ill get him too get a pic :
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixietina View Post
that would be ok but.....
i was blonde died it brown 6 months back and decided i want too go blonde....
but it hasnt died over the previous dye...
just died the roots...

i look a mess help!!
now the SO wants me too put a bowl on my head and cut round it!
im sending him to the supermarket if you all want a laugh ill get him too get a pic :
I think the only way you can get back to blonde is to bleach it back. You need hair bleach to strip out the brown dye. After do a deep conditioning treatment.
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
I think the only way you can get back to blonde is to bleach it back. You need hair bleach to strip out the brown dye. After do a deep conditioning treatment.
got plenty of conditining stuff looks like the bleachin is the only way gonna be the only way
i always mess up
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixietina View Post
got plenty of conditining stuff looks like the bleachin is the only way gonna be the only way
i always mess up
Sorry. You think that's bad. I have brown hair and decided to go blonde once. I just tried using blonde hair die. Stupid, it came out brassy. So I dyed it again, still brassy. Then I bleached it but I missed some spots so I bleached it again!!!!!!! All of this in like one month. My hair was fried, I'm surprised it didn't fall out. I let it grow out a bit then got it cut and dyed it back to brown. Only the brown dye didn't take to my ends, only my roots. So my roots were a dark brown and my ends were a light brown. The only color I use now is black to dye my hair.
post #7 of 27
i did something like this about 8-9 years ago. i'd dyed my hair black [semi-permanent] for a show. after getting a perm, it was STILL black [usually a perm would lighten it, somewhat], so i tried bleaching the black out. worked - except the roots became BLONDE! so i had brown hair w/blonde roots i ended up going to my stylist, & he redyed the roots brown. [i did try myself, but i couldn't get it dark enough]. i'd suggest going to a pro for assistance.
post #8 of 27
Don't TOUCH it! Go directly to a professional who specializes in color. It's the only way.

Trust me -- I once spent several months as a two-tone brown-over-black...
post #9 of 27
It's very difficult to go from dark hair to light hair. I'd suggest making an appointment to see a hair stylist to get it fixed.

When I was 17 or 18 my hair looked very coppery in the sun so I decided to dye it and get rid of the red. I picked an "Ash Blonde" colour and ended up with green tinged hair! Yes...very green tinged!
post #10 of 27
I, too would suggest going to a professional. I used a coppery "highlighter" once, that turned my hair a totally dark dark green. UGH! I went to a stylist, and she was able to peroxide it out, but it's not real easy to do yourself.
post #11 of 27
Thread Starter 
too late... rix went too the tesco's and spoke too a friend of his, who suggested a hair colour stripping thing and it comes with cinditioning cream, then this may dye it white..
i then wait 24 hours too dye blonde on top of it too darken it slightest...
ill get pics ASAP lol so far its looking good, itchy tho
post #12 of 27
Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really can't cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

I'm curious to see your pictures of this lol
post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really cant cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

I'm curious to see your pictures of this lol
the only thing im worried about is the roots turning white (but apparantly thats supposed to haapen)
or missing a bit and having a random brown streak ill update after the stuffs washed out in just under 20 mins...., then ill post pics in the morning of it when its dry, then dye it then post a pic once thats dry, im going for pink streaks like avril lavign, here >> http://i.ivillage.com/BS/wouldyou/BS...i_Ryan_325.jpg


but i dont trust myself too streak it and deffinately not ricky so its a matter of waiting for me too meet my real dad or going to ricky's neices who would do it...
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
Oh man hahaha
I'm curious about the hair stripping though... I almost asked my stylist if I should strip my hair only because I've been dying it since high school (I graduated HS in 2002 haha) constantly and we've agreed that it's over processed lol... she's suggested some things to do though so I didn't bring up the stripping cuz it seems kinda scary (like if I mess up I really can't cut off my hair haha... I have long straight hair that does NOTHING... it's very thin and does not hold a curl to save it's life, so it would look like absolute poo if I had to chop it off - I only trim it)

I'm curious to see your pictures of this lol
actually, i have several people in my family with fine, straight, thin hair... & theirs looks better short - thicker. & short, you can add product that can help add body.
my hair is very fine, very straight - i have a lot, tho. but long - it just lays there. short - i can get it to be much fluffier looking with product. long - it just weighs too much!

Pixetina - i had hot pink streaks last summer - & i'm planning to have them this summer, too! [can't have them during the school year - against the dress code too bad - i think my students would like them!
post #15 of 27
example pics of my hair [disregard the rest - i've lost a lot of weight!]
long & straight:

long & curly [w/perm!]:

[i'm on the left, btw - the blonde is my sister - fine, straight, thin hair person]
short [webcam pic]:


post #16 of 27
Laureen!!! Show the pink streaks - that is sooooo cool of you! (Don't tell me you didn't get any photos!)
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Laureen!!! Show the pink streaks - that is sooooo cool of you! (Don't tell me you didn't get any photos!)
sorry - i didn't. i'll get some this year, i promise!
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
sorry - i didn't. i'll get some this year, i promise!
OK, you better - you would definitely be the coooool teacher with those.

Like I'm the cool mom because I have Circa shoes, LOL.
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
well im gingery blonde
back too my old natural colour!
ill be dieng it the stupid cam is playing up ill upload pics in morning its 05:02am here and ive been messing with my hair :

ohh id love too see pics of the streaks i did see another style i like with pink black and blonde but i couldnt pull that off... tell ya what though this blonde makes my face thiner or the dark hair made it chunky looking


sleep well all i must get sleep......
after feeding the mice and dogs...
ok why is willow tapping my arm,..

oooh yeah better feed the cats too

also better get teaser out of the kitchen for the 6th time this night
post #20 of 27
Your lucky my Sister had a mess once. She tried dying her Hair Black from Blond but it came out Blue. Then she tried to strip it and it was bright Orange. She had to get it fixed in a Salon. My other Blond Sister had her Hair turn green from trying to darken her hair once.
post #21 of 27
I naturally have dark hair, wanted to go blonde once, bought peroxide and put a plastic bag over my head, with in a few minutes i felt my head burning and the plastic bag was so hot it felt like it was going to melt, took it off, washed my hair and voila i was orange!
post #22 of 27
I used to dye my hair dark auburn. I never had any issues, but now that I've got a good amount of gray, I have it professionally done, with highlights. The older I get, the less brave I get.
post #23 of 27
I had to laugh reading this thread because a friend of mine, years ago, decided to dye her hair black and it came out green! Now I am going to be laughing all night!
post #24 of 27
I dyed my hair plum with permanent dye while at a friend's house many years ago. When I came home, mom said, "change it!" so I went to the beauty supply, picked up some stuff. When I got home I bleached it, dyed it light brown and bleached it again. It turned out bright neon orange and about the consistancy of wheat straw. I told mom that if I did any more to it, it would fall out. She had to suffer with being seen in public with my bright orange mop for several months. I thought it was pretty neat. After that, I went for teal and magenta.

Now, I keep my hair completely natural. Almost no product in it ever, No coloring, no blow-drying, no perm. I only wash it 2-3 times per week. It is sooo healthy. When I get sick of it, I chop it off and donate it to Locks of Love.
post #25 of 27
Go to your nearest hairdresser. Don't be using anything else on your hair - it will really damage it. Tell the hairdresser exactly what you used and did so she/he can correct it.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Don't TOUCH it! Go directly to a professional who specializes in color. It's the only way.

Trust me -- I once spent several months as a two-tone brown-over-black...


I have my hair done professionally because I don't want to deal with the store bought dyes that can become a disaster.

I had a disaster with a professional hair stylist the first time I had my hair done. I had a 2 tone stripe that was lighter at my roots. It was awful!!! It wound up costing me more money at a different hair stylist to get it fixed. Now I use the same salon everytime I get my hair done. I am a novice when it comes to doing my own hair so I don't attempt it.

My hair used to be naturally auburn red, as I got older it lost it's color and turned mousy grey yuk...... I have it dyed pretty much the same color as it was in my youth!
post #27 of 27
When I was 17 My friend had a bright idea, we should have the same hair colour. I thought cool why not. We both bought the same dye, A blond colour, her dark blonde hair lightened beautifully. My reddish light brown hair, turned carrot orange, I thought my mother was going to kill me. I have never dyed my hair since.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hair Help Asap