MMORPGs taking over the world!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at a high school graduation last night. One of the girls who gave a speech mentioned a lot of people playing WoW... at that point, a lot of Hooting and hollering, and clapping broke out. It just made me wonder... HOW many people play WoW. on the funny side... I have a 56 NE hunter with a pet Tortise named Torti, and a billion vanity pets.

Is WoW taking over the world. Everywhere I go I meet people who play.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My FH plays it every day, personally i see no entertainment but he has made a few friends over in england. While he plays WoW i look up wedding things, ask him for his opinion or eventually he will get up and look at the pictures with me.

I am telling you though, this game is not really good when you are in a relationship, I simply cannot immagine him playing with that game when we have children he will really do my head in.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never played WoW, and I don't really have any interest to, honestly.. even though I love playing games. I have a few friends who have played and maybe still are playing, but I don't think it looks that interesting.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I play it off and on, but one thing I get tired of is people's egos. Breathe. It's just a game. Big deal if your character is level 70 with Epic equipment. It doesn't make you king/queen of the universe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

My FH plays it every day, personally i see no entertainment but he has made a few friends over in england. While he plays WoW i look up wedding things, ask him for his opinion or eventually he will get up and look at the pictures with me.

I am telling you though, this game is not really good when you are in a relationship, I simply cannot immagine him playing with that game when we have children he will really do my head in.
Non gamer eh? My husband plays wow, and we team together and have lots of fun. I know lots of parents who play, and they are very responsible about the time they spend on game, and with family. It's not bad for people in a relationship unless only one plays and the other doesn't, and doesn't allow the one who plays to play. There is always something the non player can do while the player plays. Ofcourse... the player needs to be respectful and NOT spend ALL their lives on the game.

I've teamed with many hubby and wife teams, as well as people who are engaged, or just dating. It will work great as long as both parties are respectful of each other. Wich is sometimes hard in the beginning of a relationship because usually one person wants to spend every waking moment with the other. That was how I was when I first got with my husband. 10 years later we are still together.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormchickx

I play it off and on, but one thing I get tired of is people's egos. Breathe. It's just a game. Big deal if your character is level 70 with Epic equipment. It doesn't make you king/queen of the universe
I agree, 3 years after starting, my highest lvl is only 56. I get really bored playing for longer then an hour or two. I have many friends who play that live in the town I live in, and some who moved away, and we all like to team together. I like the kitty pets.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. My husband is a WoW addict. It would be much worse if I didn't enjoy playing it too.

He has FOUR level 70 characters with various levels of epic gear and epic mounts and epic whatever, and one level 63.

I have one level 70 character, with a tiny bit of epic stuff. LOL. Mostly stuff that I got him to make for me with all of his epic monies.

So, I have to ask... Horde or Ally and what server?

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Farstriders... alliance
Scryers ... horde

we also have a few toons in stormrage, mostly alliance

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

Is WoW taking over the world. Everywhere I go I meet people who play.
lol at one point they where up to around 10 million people playing. THAT is alot of people playing. SO chances are you will run into people that play.

Originally Posted by stormchickx

Big deal if your character is level 70 with Epic equipment. It doesn't make you king/queen of the universe
yes it does. at least on that server
(just kidding, some people do take it over the top)

ok lets see.

elune- 60 dwarf warrior(i think he is still 60, have not played him ages, my first toon, started teh day wow did) since i could not kill anything solo that was my level i started a rogue.
70 gnome rogue.(since leveling is now so easy, i went back and got him to 70)

warsong- 70 orc shaman,
70 undead warrior, Both with all the best raid gear you can get.
at least by the time i stopped playing the first time.
68 undead mage.

hm i forget the name of the server: but started playing again just with some real life friends for fun. Never going back to the raiding again,

70 dwarf hunter(they made leveling way to easy now)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband used to spend every spare minute playing... often losing sleep to play too.

Karma bit him the butt so to speak. He now has bad tendinitis in both wrists that will not go away and does not allow him to play any games or use the computer for more than a couple hours a day - if he's lucky.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6 level 70s of various classes

I also play Anarchy Online, Sword of the New World and Guild Wars.

In the past I played Everquest, Earth and Beyond and Asheron's Call 1 and 2.

Yes, I'm a gamer chick, have been since the days of my Commodore 64

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arlyn, I want to like you, but I have to know... Do you play alliance, too?

I am surrounded by Alliance players! What the heck! Tauren druids can turn into cats just like Night Elves. Horde hunters can have cat pets. I mean, c'mon!

My level 70 is a troll hunter named Fangorious with a cat named Linebacker.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play both, but I just can't seem to get a hordie above 37 before I decide to reroll another class

For the record though, I refuse to play NE or gnomes

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By best you mean the most annoying, right?

Okay, okay, they are really funny. It's silly how loyal we are to whichever faction we play, isn't it?

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

your racist

come one, the gnomes have the best laugh and dance in the game
I love the gnomes... I love their dance... they are adorable. Nothing cuter then a little pink haired little girl gnomes as warriors. I was playing a girl gnome named Bidgie... this guy called me a boy... Um... girl gnomes have the same body parts as all females. lol

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

By best you mean the most annoying, right?

Okay, okay, they are really funny. It's silly how loyal we are to whichever faction we play, isn't it?
that is true. We are all loyal to our faction. I have been playing horde on scryers for a while as an rp thing every sunday morning. We chose to play horde since we usually play alliance. I went the way I did cuz all my friends already were, and... I love elves. Now they have blood elves, but ... the male blood elves... I wonder how they procreate.

I have a troll female named Mokanda, my hubbie's is Ubaka

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to play female toons(accept for dwarf and gnome)
so both my 70's on warsong are female.

it used to drive some of the younger people in the guild crazy, if i was male or female. when we first started raiding molton core.
and was on vent. i got whispers from a couple of people

OMG your a guy!!!!!!!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I kill you!

Horde, Archimonde.
would that be Farstriders. ?????
perhaps Torti wants to meet ya