TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › MMORPGs taking over the world!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MMORPGs taking over the world! - Page 3

post #61 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by algebrapro18 View Post
Yes I play it all the time and its great!!!. I just started playing with my girlfriend and I got her addicted now...almost to the point where she isn't sleeping anymore. Anyway its really fun once you get past the first few levels and if you get into a linkshell(guild) it gets even better because you will have people to talk to. Their are a few sites that will help you get started, pm me if you want links or if you have any more questions.
Thanks for replying. I've got the starter pack which comes with a free month of game time, we had a lot of trouble setting it up, the Play Online thing was really hard to figure out, we've never seen anything like it! Anyway I should hopefully get to try it out today and my partner is going to try out Lineage 2, we both need a WoW break!
post #62 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRage View Post
So... curious... out of the hunters out there... what is your fave pet?

My night Elf has a Turtle named Torti. I got it at lvl 25 in an instance. Black fathom something... I think.

I also have a Pink flamingo looking thing, and a ravager named Scarab on my horde toon
I have a snow leopard (had to go to Iron Forge to get him). I really like how some of the cats look. When I'm high-enough, I want a Frostsaber Pride Watcher (the purple coat will match my NE). I have a long way to go, though, since I'm only level 19.
post #63 of 79
For all the wives with addict husbands

World of Wifecraft

I would love to play WoW but I can't get addicted to anything until after I finish my dissertation
post #64 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbum View Post
For all the wives with addict husbands

World of Wifecraft

I would love to play WoW but I can't get addicted to anything until after I finish my dissertation
That is hilarious! "That's right I'm a level 70!"
post #65 of 79
I prefer cats! Basically any type of cat, but the ones that don't have cower are best for lower levels. They have the best combination of DPS & tankability out there, IMO. I have never met a level 70 hunter that didn't have some kind of cat as one of their pets!

My main pet is a savannah lioness from the Barrens named Linebacker. I have a hodgepodge of other pets for entertainment purposes.

But cats are the best!
post #66 of 79
I have a level 70 BM Hunter alt. She has the "gangster walk" Ravager from Hellfire (orange one, smaller one) Apparently they are the best dps pets (just slightly over cats, but that’s been debated). He’s cute, I named him Cottonpaws since that’s one of my many nicknames for Capone since his paws are so white they look like Cotton.
post #67 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvionc View Post
I have a level 70 BM Hunter alt. She has the "gangster walk" Ravager from Hellfire (orange one, smaller one) Apparently they are the best dps pets (just slightly over cats, but that’s been debated). He’s cute, I named him Cottonpaws since that’s one of my many nicknames for Capone since his paws are so white they look like Cotton.
Your ravager is "cute"? Ravagers are scary, not cute! I have heard the arguments about them being better DPS, but the debate isn't strong enough to get me to use something besides Linebacker after leveling Linebacker up for all this time!

Capone is cute, though. So is Bugsy!
post #68 of 79
I really do prefer the cats over all the others, but I think it's mostly because I like cats. My dream pet on WoW would be the Frostsaber Pride Watcher, but like I mentioned before, I have a LOT of leveling up to do before then.

I'm now at level 20, though.
post #69 of 79
LOL I think Cottonpaws is cute =). The way he walks is funny. I don’t really play my hunter anymore though. I love to be a healer so I always end up going back to my Shammy even though I have tons of alts.

Lol thanks for complimenting my boys =)
post #70 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
I really do prefer the cats over all the others, but I think it's mostly because I like cats. My dream pet on WoW would be the Frostsaber Pride Watcher, but like I mentioned before, I have a LOT of leveling up to do before then.

I'm now at level 20, though.

You'll get there. Cats are awesome!


@ silvionc - You're welcome!
post #71 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky View Post
I prefer cats! Basically any type of cat, but the ones that don't have cower are best for lower levels. They have the best combination of DPS & tankability out there, IMO. I have never met a level 70 hunter that didn't have some kind of cat as one of their pets!

My main pet is a savannah lioness from the Barrens named Linebacker. I have a hodgepodge of other pets for entertainment purposes.

But cats are the best!
Psst!: You can untrain your pet's skills to get rid of cower


As to cats vs ravagers: I've played with both at 70 on a BM hunter and on an MM hunter.

With the MM hunter, there was no noticeable DPS difference (checked on a damage meter), with a BM hunter the ravager was ever so slightly higher DPS, but not enough to matter as most fights don't last long.
post #72 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
Psst!: You can untrain your pet's skills to get rid of cower


As to cats vs ravagers: I've played with both at 70 on a BM hunter and on an MM hunter.

With the MM hunter, there was no noticeable DPS difference (checked on a damage meter), with a BM hunter the ravager was ever so slightly higher DPS, but not enough to matter as most fights don't last long.

I know you can untrain them. But it is easier when you don't have to! You can even just switch it off on your pet bar. So I guess if you really think one with cower looks super great... But it is easier just to get one without cower.

I have seen BM hunters using cats for most raiding and PVP applications. I think I have seen two or three ravagers on my server, but mostly cats.

The ravagers do make me giggle when they walk... But I like cats.
post #73 of 79
lol the old fight of which makes the best pet.
The bottom line is that now the choice you make is more based on what you find pleasing. Blue made all them about the same.

granted my dwarf hunter is just for fun, But i have one of the pigs from starting area, named pigpig.
and one of the cats from the NE area. that black and white ones, just cause i like there looks. i get people all the time, whispering me about a level 70 pig lol
post #74 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol the old fight of which makes the best pet.
The bottom line is that now the choice you make is more based on what you find pleasing. Blue made all them about the same.
Lol... I forgot about number crunchers. My lilbro is a number cruncher. I'm not. I just like my turtle for the fact that she is cute. I don't understand why they did that to hunter's pets, so they are all pretty much the same. But I have used Torti for 25 lvls, and when I tried other pets after getting her, I just can't bring myself to fight without her. I don't pvp much, I like to RP more.

All my friends have gone back to City Of Heroes now... UGH! I was loivng WoW. Oh well, On CoH I have a lvl 50 Kinetics/Electricity defender.

Geeze and I loved catching pets for my toons on WoW. I cannot wait for Brewfest. Anyone have a fave holiday event? I really dig Brewfest, Winter veil, and Halloween... I love the headless horseman
post #75 of 79
I play WoW too. My husband and I have played since beta.
I have:

70 Undead Mage
63 Blood Elf Warlock
55 Troll Shadow Priest
38 Blood Elf Hunter with the Black Lion pet from the Barrens I call him Magic.
post #76 of 79
My favorite is the Valentines Day events. My sweet, sweet boyfriend spent 500gold just to buy me the Peddlefeet pet lol, its one of those so ugly its cute things. I love the Christmas holidays as well.

I think there was someone asking about money. In the past month I have made 1K+ for making pots and selling them. I rarely play now, maybe 10 hours a week, mostly BG’s and Arenas now. When I am doing errands or waiting for something in rl I will pop on and do some herbing. So in maybe 10 hours in the month I have made over 1k. But I sell everything. Since I don’t do my 25 mans anymore I don’t use pots at all. Just though id mention that. I know each server has different prices though.

I’ve been playing since beta as well. My main (alliance) is a 70 resto shammy, alt is a 70 Hunter. Then on my other server (Horde) I have my old main 70 priest, alts are 70 mage, 70 hunter and 70 Druid, then some lowbies here and there.
post #77 of 79
My Husband and I also play WoW toghter and the Blackwater Raiders server I have a lvl 66 NE Hunter with a black cat called Saphira and a lvl 26 NE druid and my husband has a lvl 68 Human Warlock, lvl 40 Human Paladin (Healadin) and a 23 NE rouge We really love playing together especially out here where theres is very little else to do.
post #78 of 79
Thread Starter 
My friend got two peddlefeet pets. I was so sad. I wanted one but they were both soulbound to him. Winter Veil was very nice to me last year, I made almost 300 gold selling Red winter outfits on Horde auction house, and green ones on alliance I always sold them for way less then everyone else. My hubby once sold a green helper for 200 gold. I almost fell over when he told me that. And that was right before the event. I gave it to him to auction, since I had it left from the year before.

I still don't have one 70. I have too much fun running around, I tend to lvl when I want to up my professions.
post #79 of 79
I have never played WoW, am not a gamer. However, my new job requires that I interact with gamers constantly. Soooo, looks like I'm gonna learn something about them, eh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › MMORPGs taking over the world!